Could have been a world champion...

RedRooster

Wade Barrett absolutely should have got one of the world titles. He was mainstream-presentable, huge, charismatic, handy in the ring. Bang on on Crush too. His theme was ace also. Should never have turned him heel.

Edited by AshC

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Back when I was one of the virgins, Val was a guy I always thought should ditch the gimmick and get serious. Then he did. And I realised I was a fucking idiot. Even wth a good gimmick, he was still seriously average. And in hindsight, even more so.

See, I’m watching the late 90s Raws for the first time, so I’m probably looking at him from the same perspective as you once did.

He was Chief Morley (briefly) when I started watching wrestling, but that’s not a character I ever really saw much of. 

I had Sky One, but not Sky Sports so my early exposure to Wrestling was late ‘02 Smackdown.

Perhaps my opinion will change just as yours did as I continue watching.

15 hours ago, AshC said:

Wade Barrett absolutely should have got one of the world titles. He was mainstream-presentable, huge, charismatic, handy in the ring. Bang on on Crush too. His theme was ace also. Should never have turned him heel.

i was a huge Wade fan and was so pissed that they missed it with him! He should have had that title! an Englishman is an instant heel in USA. Put a world title on the dude whilst he's a heel character and he'll be so over it's insane. He'll be hated but loved (tweener i believe)

On 6/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hurricane Helms could have easily had a short run in 2003 

Even within the parameters of this thread this is a big stretch.

He could possibly have had a comedy, David Arquette-style run (though so could almost anyone?). No chance of anything more than that though, even at his height.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Pinc said:

Even within the parameters of this thread this is a big stretch.

He could possibly have had a comedy, David Arquette-style run (though so could almost anyone?). No chance of anything more than that though, even at his height.

24 hours, heck even 5 minutes would have done just fine