WCW Reunion

BomberPat

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

IF it was to happen (big IF) but would there be any legal ramifications in calling it a WCW event as I was under the impression that WWE hold the rights to the World Championship Wrestling including and not exclusive to the name, or have they (WWE) let the trademark(s) lapse?  

Yeah, WWE own the trademarks to anything WCW related. So if this goes ahead, it won’t actually be called “WCW Reunion”.

• Paid Members

On a related note, How come Glacier is able to wrestle with that gimmick? Did WWE let the trademark lapse? And if so, is it just rare that someone goes back to an old gimmick? Or just rare that WWE let any trademarks lapse?

• Paid Members

Tank Abbott Vs Rick Steiner, obviously. 

Is Jeff Farmer contracted anywhere so we could have a "Sting" appearance? 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
Just now, Michael_3165 said:

Surprised they can use the wcw name... Thought wwe would kick off over that. 

Who said they can? It’s been discussed in the thread. WWE own the trademarks to anything WCW. If they did use it, they’d have Jerry on them sharp-ish. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Chris B said:

On a related note, How come Glacier is able to wrestle with that gimmick? Did WWE let the trademark lapse? And if so, is it just rare that someone goes back to an old gimmick? Or just rare that WWE let any trademarks lapse?

I'm not sure they ever had the trademark. Glacier worked under that gimmick for Dusty's TCW promotion back in 2001/2, and has done plenty of shows with it pre-AEW, including a few stints in CHIKARA over the years, and was actually on an indie show in a match with Pillman Jr and THE YETI earlier this year.

Some of you clearly missed the "must be actively wrestling, and not signed to WWE/AEW" rule!

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Some of you clearly missed the "must be actively wrestling, and not signed to WWE/AEW" rule!

Personally, I didn't - it's why I was asking if AEW were signing everyone to exclusive contracts or not. If they're not, Dustin Rhodes vs. Jeff Jarrett is a match I'd like to see in a WCW reunion.

A very hard card to come up with, given the amount of dead, retired or otherwise unavailable talent. A reunion show in the mid-2000s could have been doable but the pickings are seriously slim now...

Anyway, my stab at it: 

Chavo Guerrero & Kaz Hayashi & Super Calo vs Juventud Guerrera & Ultimo Dragon & Shannon Moore

Jushin 'Thunder' Liger Vs. Psicosis

Jacquelyn Vs. Madusa

The ICP Vs. The Great Muta & Disco Inferno

INTERMISSION

Syxx Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Raven Vs. Lance Storm - Raven's Rules Hardcore Match

Booker T & Sid Vs. Buff Bagwell & Too Cold Scorpio

Kevin Nash w/Torrie Wilson Vs. Scott Steiner w/Midajah - Special Referee Scott Hall & Special Ringside Enforcer Rick Steiner

Obviously everyone would be in their WCW gear/gimmicks and no match would go longer than 15 minutes. There'd be a tonne of smoke and mirrors in most of the matches during the second half of the card. 

I'd also have Eric Bischoff be the General Manager for the evening, because he does that sort of things these days for the right price. 

Apologies if I've used somebody under exclusive contract but I'm pretty sure everyone on here works or has the ability to work indie shows. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Personally, I didn't - it's why I was asking if AEW were signing everyone to exclusive contracts or not. If they're not, Dustin Rhodes vs. Jeff Jarrett is a match I'd like to see in a WCW reunion.

Jarrett's signed to WWE, though - I know he's worked some indie shows, but I doubt he'd get clearance to wrestle against AEW talent. For the purposes of simplicity, I just ruled out anyone who appeared at Double or Nothing.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Jarrett's signed to WWE, though - I know he's worked some indie shows, but I doubt he'd get clearance to wrestle against AEW talent. For the purposes of simplicity, I just ruled out anyone who appeared at Double or Nothing.

Oh, is he? I didn't know that. Ah, well, fair enough then.

I'd get a bit creative with some of the line-up's WCW credentials. And I think I've avoided any WWE talent but included a couple of AEW.

Steiner Brothers vs The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Cody Hall)

Chris Jericho vs Lance Storm

Harcore match: Carl Oulette vs Raven

DDP vs Buff Bagwell

Glacier vs either Scott Norton or an indie heel that cuts a promo about how shit WCW was

Shannon Moore vs Sid

Palumbo & Stasiak vs Jung Dragons or Jindrak & O'Haire or any other team that can be cobbled together

2 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I'd get a bit creative with some of the line-up's WCW credentials. And I think I've avoided any WWE talent but included a couple of AEW.

Steiner Brothers vs The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Cody Hall)

Chris Jericho vs Lance Storm

Harcore match: Carl Oulette vs Raven

DDP vs Buff Bagwell

Glacier vs either Scott Norton or an indie heel that cuts a promo about how shit WCW was

Shannon Moore vs Sid

Palumbo & Stasiak vs Jung Dragons or Jindrak & O'Haire or any other team that can be cobbled together

AEW & dead, respectively. 

Can you imagine just how poor a WCW reunion show would be? Everyone in their 50s and just completely knackered.