Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

Cereal Chat

I have taken a recent big liking to cereal again, and with the greatness of the other food threads, i thought it would be a good idea to start one about cereal. (mind you, i am not known for my good ideas!)

What are your favorites? how many bowls do u gave a day? do you mix cereals together? Any thoughts about cereal in general, please discuss! 

Some of my favorites include coco pops, corn flakes, Rice krispies, honey nut corn flakes, asda protein oaties, jordans country crisp, cheerios and frosties. 

I have upto 4 bowls a day sometimes, i enjoy almond milk on my cereal, and i often mix them together. i sometimes make a protein shake with milk and then pour it onto my cereal, and also i crush up custard creams and oreos and add them as cereal toppings sometimes, because i have no willpower whatsoever 

I go through phases with my cereals, usually switching between boring ones like Cheerios (honey variety if possible) to Sultana Bran to Shreddies (frosted as a treat) and back again.

You can’t beat a Variety Pack, though, as long as you’ve got a partner willing to take the shitty Multi-Grain ones off your hands.

Rabbit Shits are still king in my house. A meal and a delicous milkshake afterwards. Like Ralphy im partial to some biscuit toppings on my Cheerios too, cookies usually. As always Aldi is the place to go, where you can get a big box of diabetes for less than a quid. Green milk only.

Are overnights oats OK in here? or am I gonna be booed and taunted til your throats are sore?

Had taken to eating porridge most mornings but the 5 minutes it took to make was just too much for me. 

Now I dumped oats and soya milk in a jar with smashed almonds. Leave overnight to absorb and then enjoy like a king the next morning. No hassle, just grab it from the fridge and and go. 

Porridge is the biggest pile of shite going. I don't care if it adds 5 years to my life, it's like eating concrete.

1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Porridge is the biggest pile of shite going. I don't care if it adds 5 years to my life, it's like eating concrete.

You're not doing it right Wand. 

Edit. I have no no clue.. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

Since discovering that eggs and bacon have vastly more nutritional value than any cereal, I've completely given up cereal.  It's really bad for you.  

That said, the chocolate Dorset cereals stuff was pretty lush.

Honey Nut Clusters are brilliant.

But the best by a mile is a 50/50 bowl of Aldi Pecan & Maple Crisp, mixed with Aldi Strawberry Crisp. 

Cereal is the king to me. It's always been my favourite food since I was a kid. Being an adult is great because it means I can have a cupboard in the kitchen dedicated just to cereal. Probably got about 14 boxes of different stuff in the minute although I'm currently going through a Frosties phase.

Strangely though I don't eat it for breakfast. Usually eat it as a snack before going to bed.

Coco pops, nesquick, chocolate flakes, shreddies and golden nuggets are the ones for me. But I also go through phases and actually haven’t had any cereal for about a year. But now I’ve got a craving after seeing this thread. 

Worst have to be lucky charms. First time I had a bowl was in Canada, I had one spoonful and that was enough for me. They are far too sugary. 

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Honey Nut Clusters are brilliant.

But the best by a mile is a 50/50 bowl of Aldi Pecan & Maple Crisp, mixed with Aldi Strawberry Crisp. 

Aldi are pretty great for cereals, those Crisps and all the muselis and granolas with the nutty shite are excellent.

I do love a good old Weetabix, most own brands are a bit wank but again Aldi are spot on.

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Cereal is the king to me. It's always been my favourite food since I was a kid. Being an adult is great because it means I can have a cupboard in the kitchen dedicated just to cereal. Probably got about 14 boxes of different stuff in the minute although I'm currently going through a Frosties phase.

Strangely though I don't eat it for breakfast. Usually eat it as a snack before going to bed.

if i could upvote this 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 times i would, care to share a picture of said cupboard please?