PowerButchi

Wales vs Belgium is proven to be the best. Here's 19/20 for those with low standards

31 minutes ago, Murtz said:

As good as Poch is, he didn't win anything at Spurs and had much better players there. 

Players that he built and bought! Remember he took over from Captain Bellend, Tim Sherwood. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

You can hand on your heart say that you never ever slagged off Poch for never winning anything then? *Punkstep scrambles to delete loads of tweets*

Ha! I don't think I've said that. Always felt he's never been backed enough to take Spurs to the next level. I definitely called him a cuck at one point and stand by that. 

Just now, Murtz said:

Vieira in?

Highly doubtful, he's not been great. Ljungberg temporarily with Nuno or Arteta most likely candidates for permanent replacement. 

BUT THEY'VE NOT WON ANY TROPHIES ETC ETC

Ljunberg was an invincible though etc etc. 

Best decision for the club, the guys been absolutely rotten and has no grasp of playing football outside of La Liga. 

2 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Best decision for the club, the guys been absolutely rotten and has no grasp of playing football outside of La Liga. 

Did he even have a grasp inside La Liga though? He never had a top four finish in 3 1/2 seasons with Sevilla. They immediately finished top 4 the season after he left and in 3 out of the 6 seasons before he joined them. He did fare better at Valencia before, though.

His reputation was pretty much built on the three Europa League wins. But one thing to remember- what happens when you win Europa League? You qualify for Champions League. Therefore to have won the Europa League three years on the trot, his Sevilla exited at the CL group stages two years running. He then managed to lose a one-team league with PSG at his first attempt and needed £450m to be spent on two world class players to recapture it on his second attempt.

Edited by PunkStep

This decision should have taken place at the end of last season, but glad its finally done. Nice bloke but not up for it.

Good to have Freddie in for a few games, crowd will get behind him and I'm looking forward to going to Norwich on Sunday. Personally I would want Rafa Benitez in. We need a safe pair of hands to restore this club in a good place.

What would you Arsenal fans think of someone like Eddie Howe getting the job? He's done a great job at Bournmouth(less so at Burnley) and I can see someone further up the pecking order taing a punt on him at some point. 

What would you Arsenal fans think of someone like Eddie Howe getting the job? He's done a great job at Bournmouth(less so at Burnley) and I can see someone further up the pecking order taing a punt on him at some point. 

Not at the moment. Arsenal are in a state right now and need someone to come in and be big enough to sort it out. Howe is a good manager but that type of leap is massive. Plus, and I know this is a sort of shit opinion, it would divide the fan base again and we really don't need that at the moment.

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Not at the moment. Arsenal are in a state right now and need someone to come in and be big enough to sort it out. 

Someone's already suggested Allardyce. 

If I were an Arsenal fan *spit* I'd welcome someone like Howe or even Sean Dyche. They're due a run at a mid level club. 

7 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Ljungberg temporarily with Nuno or Arteta most likely candidates for permanent replacement.

Brendan Rodgers is the obvious candidate, no?

1 hour ago, David said:

Brendan Rodgers is the obvious candidate, no?

His name is being thrown around but not one of the favourites apparently. And to be fair, given how well things are going at Leicester at the moment, now would be a terrible time for him to move. I'd definitely take him.