PowerButchi

Wales vs Belgium is proven to be the best. Here's 19/20 for those with low standards

Have I found a fun new game to play every Monday morning at work? Yes I have. It's called Garthstermind.

Basically, you have to try and guess who will feature in Garth Crooks' team of the week. I know he publishes it on Sunday night, so that means a little self control by not going to his Team of the Week page until you have formulated your guesses. TOP TIP- just check to see who scored!

I did pretty well on my first attempt- 7 out of 11. I played it safe and assumed he would pick 3 defenders- but he picked 4! His XI this week actually resembles a proper team for once. I also overlooked the possibility of him picking Ben Foster on the basis that he nearly scored a goal. A classic Garth move.

Remember- the key to winning this isn't by picking who you (or the general consensus) thought were the best players. You need to see things through the eyes of Garth and try to think how he would think in order to become a true Garthstermind.

15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Have I found a fun new game to play every Monday morning at work? Yes I have. It's called Garthstermind.

Do I look forward to playing this next week? Yes I do.

Edited by scratchdj

Can I get into the mind of Garth? No, because I never read or listen to him.

Just had a look at the team. It's like one of those shitty stat based teams you see pop up where scoring massively skews it. Only two outfielders in his team didn't score.

The thing is, to do a real team of the weak, you'd have to watch every game. So yes, he basically picks the players that scored the goals, kept the cleans sheets or produced a notable string of fine saves.

He also has a very, very round head.

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Can I get into the mind of Garth? No, because I never read or listen to him.

Just had a look at the team. It's like one of those shitty stat based teams you see pop up where scoring massively skews it. Only two outfielders in his team didn't score.

Oh Rick, how have you gone this long without seeing his Team of the Week?

As I said, it's usually much worse. He likes to opt for a 3-4-3. The back 3 will include three goalscoring defenders/attacking full backs, his front three will generally be out and out strikers and his midfield usually full of goalscoring inverted wingers. It'll look like this more often than not:

Ederson or Allison

TAA / Laporte / Walker

Salah / Sterling / Mane / Mahrez

Kane / Aguero / Wayne Rooney

Can't ever bring up Garth's name without this incredible 9 seconds of television: