Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

26 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Our most bitter rivals won the league at our stadium but I was just overjoyed we got a point tbh and was the greatest game I have ever been to. Spurs mentatily if I have ever heard it. 

*Frankies Jimmy Corkhill gif*

It probably is the best game I've been too as a Arsenal fan as we should have won easily, Lehmann gifting them a point at the end, the emotion of anger that we didn't beat them, but mentally aware we had won the title, but seeing their players and fans celebrate like they win the league at the end, only to see our players and fans celebrate at the final whistle for actually winning the league was priceless. 16 years ago yesterday too, time has flown by, I would never have thought all these years later, we wouldn't have won the league title again, oh well, at least safe in the knowledge I'll never see them ever win it in my lifetime. Time to dust off the old DVD and watch that UNBEATABLE Premier League season again!!!

On 4/24/2020 at 8:11 PM, SuperBacon said:

They say the best comedy comes from tragedy.

Michael Thomas, Demba Ba, Boris(?).

Sadly they only need a win or two behind closed doors in June, if that's the plan. Boris could scupper it & let's face it, there's history between him & the Scousers.

This gem from a BBC piece about sports games shows why Barry Davies is the GOAT. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/52353705?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5ea05214c5ad5a06651e4b8c%26'I changed the way Actua wanted to do it'%262020-04-26T15%3A22%3A42.070Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:0c9678df-6837-4386-9f12-b6783dc52512&pinned_post_asset_id=5ea05214c5ad5a06651e4b8c&pinned_post_type=share

The company behind Actua Software (Gremlin Interactive) got in touch with my agent, it was as simple as that. I had really no conception of what they wanted to do - or very little, anyway. Then I went to see them and I actually changed the way they wanted to do it.

I told them you cannot use the same way of identifying the player every time he touches the ball - it has got to be at different levels depending where he is on the pitch, as I would do when commentating normally.

So I gave them about five different versions of every player’s name, changing the emphasis each time. That probably gave them more work to do but, as a result, it sounded more realistic in my opinion.

It took a while to get through all those player names anyway, but I made the whole process longer by asking for that extra detail. Then they brought in Trevor Brooking as my co-commentator. We recorded most of those links separately, but there were a few where we did them together.

It was all a lot of fun to do, but it was really quite a challenge to do it and to make it sound as realistic as possible.

42 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Davies was infinity times better than Motson. He was top banana. 

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Absolutely. Easily the best of my lifetime. Not even a competition. 

Yep, you have to say he's magnificent.

• Paid Members

Yeah, we had some of them. Back when "video magazine" was a thing. We collected a shitload of something like soccer brilliance too.

Interesting how many clubs were doing them. Man Utd on video was in all the shops but never saw any others until years later. They were all having a go.

Remember the short lived Video CD Rom thing with those tiny CDs? That never caught on.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Remember the short lived Video CD Rom thing with those tiny CDs? That never caught on.

Is that those tiny picture disc things you'd put in and you'd have "James Beattie scores a header!" and a profile screen and that would be it?

94 until 2000, there had to have been maybe 2 trillion football videos released? Everything from Nick Hancock's greatest fuck abouts to Zoe Ball's Top 10 Shaggers of 96. Fucking FA essentially bans your account if you upload them, though.