Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, gmoney said:

EDIT: How the hell do I hide stuff? 

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

• Moderators

Wales vs Italy 2002 is on BBC 1 Wales now. One of the greatest games in history. Often discussed by experts to be almost as good as Wales vs Belgium from Euro 2016 which is generally agreed upon by everyone to be the greatest football match of all time 

Edited by PowerButchi

21 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Here is a quiz. Can you name all players in a PFA team of the year?

163 to guess and 30 minutes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52253706

141. To be honest, it was the more recent ones I couldn't remember. The formatting on that quiz was horrendous as well, scrolling up and down...

The sass on some of those descriptions Chelsea 2004-05. Had defences retreating faster than his own hairline

I've been listening to some Totally Football and Zonal Marking podcadt episodes recently. Totally Football are covering seasons of the Champions League since its rebranding and Zonal Marking had an episode on Milan in 98/99. It's made me want to learn more about Serie A through the 90s as I only have the vaguest memories of Football Italia at the time.

I'm interested in the decline of Serie A too. I know calciopoli will have played a part but it seemed like the decline was setting in before that - as a kid, the Galacticos at Real and Ronaldinho at Barca made me pay more attention to La Liga and it felt like there was a bit of a shift. I know there was financial trouble with teams spending too much - like Parma and Fiorentina - and having to start up again.

Are there any books or documentaries on Serie A through this time? And if anyone knows where I can find Football Italia episodes, that'd be grand too.

15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

If you like Zonal Marking, his latest book (entitled err... Zonal Marking) covers 90s Serie A along with other periods for other leagues/nations. Well worth a read.

I like Michael Cox, and think he's a fine writer, but he comfortably sits in the Miguel Delaney school of "thin skinned journalists who never admit they could possibly be wrong about some things".

Genuinely infuriating sometimes.

• Paid Members

Miguel Delaney is the David of football journalists. He recently spent 2 weeks labouring his point that Arsenal's invincibles season wasn't a success because they lost to Chelsea in Europe. 

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Miguel Delaney is the David of football journalists. He recently spent 2 weeks labouring his point that Arsenal's invincibles season wasn't a success because they lost to Chelsea in Europe. 

Idiot. If he wanted to be taken seriously at devaluing that achievement, he should've taken a look at those draws.

So many, many draws.