PowerButchi

Wales vs Belgium is proven to be the best. Here's 19/20 for those with low standards

Agreed 1994 is underrated and it absolutely has to do with where it was held and the snobbishness behind that.

Best set of kits as well, including the best ever, US away. Fucking phwoar.

Any mention of USA '94 requires a compulsory reference to John Aldridge screaming "YOU TWAT!!!!!!" broadcast across the screens of the nation at about half four on a school day afternoon. 

Fond memories of USA 94 and I'm glad England weren't in it as it was my first major tournament after really getting into football. I could just enjoy it for what it was, without the heartbreak of losing a penalty shootout. Me and my older brother watched the vast majority of games on Eurosport I think.

3 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

The 94 World Cup is the Sable and Marc Mero v Goldust and Luna from WrestleMania 14, change my mind. 

Bulgaria v Germany and Romania v Argentina are Bret v Owen and HBK v Razor from Mania 10. Al Owairan's goal against Belgium is Austin winning the belt off Michaels. Roberto Baggio is Mr WrestleMania. 

Alright, the final is Trips v Jericho from 18 but you can't have everything. 

3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Bulgaria v Germany and Romania v Argentina are Bret v Owen and HBK v Razor from Mania 10. Al Owairan's goal against Belgium is Austin winning the belt off Michaels. Roberto Baggio is Mr WrestleMania. 

Alright, the final is Trips v Jericho from 18 but you can't have everything. 

Diana Ross = Pete Rose? (Wasn't part of the main attraction but provided much hilarity)

9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fond memories of USA 94 and I'm glad England weren't in it as it was my first major tournament after really getting into football. I could just enjoy it for what it was, without the heartbreak of losing a penalty shootout. Me and my older brother watched the vast majority of games on Eurosport I think.

State of this fucking hipster.

I've got some games from Eurosport. Bloody Statto providing atrocious commentary from his bedroom for most of them.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

I've got some games from Eurosport. Bloody Statto providing atrocious commentary from his bedroom for most of them.

Think I read recently that he only accepted the Fantasy Football job if he could keep his Eurosport job.

Fond memories of summers when I was young going round Europe with my Dad every week (he was a long distance lorry driver), and us always stopping in the same Belgian truck stop so I could watch Eurogoals every Monday night. Think this might've been commentated on by him as well.

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

State of this fucking hipster.

Hark at you, sitting there in your 1988 KV Mechelen shirt

Goalissimo is better. Having the rights to fuck all so just showing a photo still slowly zooming in of Robinho celebrating a goal as a heartbeat percussion played. 

Or Sgorio in the 90s which had the rights to fucking everything and was in Welsh. 

32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

My memory of Statto on EuroSport is that he had a bet on how many yellow and red cards there would be in France 98 (like over 25 or something), and Fantasy Football played clips of him obviously wishing a booking through on commentary.

"Got to think that's a red, you have to ask how many times the referee can allow fouls like this to continue."

Totally washing away any credibility for a few quid.