Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Moderators

With the end of a new season, another begins. And here is the catch all of English, Welsh, Gibraltar, Sealand and last and certainly least Scottish leagues. Pork Chop Cash free too. 

Edited by PowerButchi

If we can reflect for a minute on last season, I think it was the year that football historians will look back at as the exact point the Europa cup became more important and prestigious than the Champions league and a true benchmark for the greatest teams in Europe.

I'll take this early stage of the this season to go on record and mention the next big footballing talent that will be emerging from Scotland over the next few years.

David Turnbull, 19 years old. Remember that name.

He signed for Motherwell when he was 9 years old, and it made the local press due to the fact that even then he was being talked about as a star in the making.

After two appearances towards the end of the 2017/18 season he really came into his own last season. 30 appearances, and 15 goals from midfield for a team that finished 8th in the table. That tally took him level with Celtic's record signing from PSG, striker Odsonne Edouard, who cost £8 million.

That's almost double that of the likes of Jermain Defoe and Scott Sinclair managed last season.

Did I mention that he isn't even a striker? And that he was playing for a team that finished 8th?

Celtic have apparently sounded us out with a £1.2 million offer, which was laughed at. Motherwell have let it be known that £3 million is the amount it would take to get the ball rolling, along with a sell-on percentage. He's under contract until 2021.

Already being touted as "the Scottish Michael Ballack," I'll be coming back to this post in years to come when he's tearing the best that the English Premiership has to offer a new arsehole whilst commanding the midfield of a top side.

His stats are something else for a player his age, and at a club like Motherwell where we don't see as much of the ball as the bigger clubs, or see as many scoring chances. This graphic was kicking about at the tail end of last season. He's only gotten better since then.

20ba6cda-53c1-4b62-8c73-68f5599d2b38-ori

The lad is going places. Mark my words.

• Paid Members

Those with a little more knowledge of Scottish football, what's still the opinion on Kieran Tierney? Still potential to be a star in Europe or has opinion started to cool on him as he spent another year in Scotland?

What with Robertson coming into his own as being the top Left Back in Europe potentially right now, is it likely he'll eventually try and shift to a midfield position (like Bale did at Spurs) to keep him playing for Scotland and perhaps getting a bigger move (as I can't see many big clubs stumping for the second best left back from Scotland) or could he move across to CB better than when he played under McLeish for Scotland? 

Edited by Shy Dad
Big Al not Big Gord

I'd say Robertson has moved ahead of Tierney but he's a couple of years older. I reckon if Tierney's recent surgery can get him back to 100% we'll see him surge again this season in terms of development. The first two seasons under Rodgers he was incredible. Easily the best Celtic full back since I started going to matches in the early 90s. 

• Paid Members

Scotland's two best players are left backs. Madness isn't it? They've been trying to accommodate both, much like Wales spent years trying to accommodate both Ben Davies and Neil Taylor.

In regards for players to keep an eye out on next season, Stevenage Borough signed centre forward Jason Cowley from my local non-league side.

He went viral last season when this wonder strike was picked up my the BBC and had people calling for him to get the Puskas Award.

A huge step up for him as Bromsgrove were in Step 4 last year (won promotion through the play offs though), but the lad is a proven finisher, has a ridiculous work ethic and helped Bromsgrove to three successive promotions winning the Golden Boot each time and bagging 107 goals in 127 appearances for the club.  It was only a matter of time before he moved onto bigger things but we were expecting him to move to a Conference side, so were shocked and pleased when Stevenage came in for him.  Only slight disappointment is that a local side (Walsall for one) didn't take a punt on him as he's hardly been a secret in Midlands non-league.  Stevenage promoted his signing heavily on their social media so he's certainly going to get a decent shot with them and I look forward to seeing how he does in the coming year as he should only improve now that he's gone full time.

35 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Scotland's two best players are left backs. Madness isn't it? They've been trying to accommodate both, much like Wales spent years trying to accommodate both Ben Davies and Neil Taylor.

It's the most Scottish thing ever. One top level player and another with the same potential and they play in the same position. Meanwhile, we have Oli McBurnie up front. 

Edited by MungoChutney

Last night was incredible. A crap game of football no doubt, but when neither side have played competitively for three weeks what can you expect? Didn't help either that we were essentially defending a lead for the entire game. Thought Alisson and Van Dijk were incredible, and Origi coming off the bench to seal the deal is the most Origi thing ever. Credit to the Spurs fans and players as well, from all reports I'm reading their fans were quality all night. 

Best night of the year easily. Absolutely made up for our players to end the season like that.