Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Blimey, I don't remember half of these happening. Nuno Gomes! How did that happen.

We need some Mustapha Hadji at Coventry stories from @Keith Houchen

That was our first season in the Championship when we had him and Jordan Rhodes banging them in up front.

We had a weird thing of signing Portugese players at the time due to shady dealings regarding Steve Kean and agents. Kind of a shitty precursor to Wolves.

Tbf, Nuno was good in the half a season or so he played for us. 

Edited by The Maestro

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

One of those two also played for Boston United, as did Julian Joachim

I remember going to Boston as a Scunthorpe fan, hoping to see him play. He started warming up with about 15 left, our idiot fans started chanting ‘you fat bastard’ at him. So he sat back down and quit a few days later! 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Unsure who this was referring to, I googled it in case it was a well-known nickname of someone.

One result; you, three years ago. :( Fortunately it was plenty enough to let me figure it out.

As it's from Cleets, my money is on it being Rafa.

All on footballia.net if you can't wait for May.

I went to every England home game from Venables first Vs Denmark through to the semi final. Was right behind the goal for the pens. Don't think I've ever cried so much as that night.

Still think Gazzas gonna make that cross.

• Paid Members

I don't think I'll ever forget that summer. I was 14, drinking heavily(i.e. a 2l bottle of White Lightening a night! Hardcore) and playing Thee Lions on what felt like a perpetual repeat. The tournament had averthing you could want, and I also STILL think Gazza is going to get his toe on that cross in the semi against Germany. I only put the Gazza goal vs Scotland on the other day for my kids to watch and it hasn't aged a bit...

Edited by Cod Eye

• Moderators

We didn't qualify for it, we were brutally shit at the time. England didn't qualify either. 

It was a good tournament. I loved the Germany team of 1996. Just 2016 is known by any true football historian and expert as the greatest tournament of all time. Its scientific fact. 

Edited by PowerButchi

1 minute ago, PowerButchi said:

It was a good tournament. I loved the Germany team of 1996. Just 2016 is known by any true football historian and expert as the greatest tournament of all time. Its scientific fact. 

Having watched a lot of it back recently, I'm not so sure 1996 was a good tournament to be honest. Along with 1990, I think nostalgia and the wider cultural significance plays a massive part in the enjoyment of it now. Think 2004 and 2008 were better. 2000 I have no idea about. That was during my "Lost my smile" phase.

Agreed on the Germany team though, I've always loved the Germans and was pleased that Jurgen eventually lifted the trophy.

On 2016, I'm sure you've seen it, but Don't Take Me Home is on Amazon Prime and well worth a watch if you haven't.