Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

11 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Does anyone remember how magnificent Michael Branch was on Football Manager back in the late 90's?
I still periodically think about that and wonder why.

Ah Branchy, one of the many ‘next big things’ that bombed horribly when given a first team opportunity for us

6 hours ago, seph said:

On a separate note, the rumour about Peter Wittingham's death from yesterday was sadly confirmed this afternoon. Only 35.

Seems oddly coincidental for me that everyone's talking about Football Manager - Peter Whittingham was a mainstay of my Cardiff side that got promoted on FM07, so as a consequence I've always had a sort of a soft spot for him. Terrible, tragic news; may he rest in peace.

Horrible news about Peter Whittingham. He was such a highlight for anyone watching the Championship. Wish it had worked out for him better at Blackburn but his best years were obviously behind him then at Cardiff and Villa. At his best he was like a Championship version of Matthew Le Tissier tbh , capable of ridiculous goals from any range.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

Went to check Mark Kerr's wikipedia and there's a link to a book about CM/FM ("Football manager stole my life"), you can read a few pages here before google tells you you've had enough and should get back to work:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LAa6BAAAQBAJ&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=willie+howie+championship+manager&source=bl&ots=9TfxEUNtx0&sig=isg2NYPKzpH3SsBCy0-Le0I_X5U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi3-9Lm2IreAhWLKcAKHaXPBM44ChDoATAAegQIBRAB#v=onepage&q=Mark kerr&f=false

• Paid Members

I've got the book, it's good. There's a documentary on YouTube along similar lines though it lacks a little bit of depth, it's a fun watch. I bought the stand up DVD mentioned throughout the doc but haven't watched it yet.

• Paid Members

I was playing CM 97/98 a few years ago as Auxerre and we got to the UEFA Cup final, against Lazio I think. It went to penalties and we won 19-18 on them.

Anyway, it ran out of room trying to list the scorers so it started scattering them randomly all over the screen. I thought it was going to crash the game but fortunately not and my glory was confirmed.

• Paid Members

Look at Rick there, batting his eyelashes at Butch by playing with Wrexham.

Well I think it's safe to say Cherno has finally made his mark.

20200320_095556.thumb.jpg.2a7e360b58e2d3ed4235f8c412b922aa.jpg

Getting seriously pissed off with Steed Malbranque picking up injuries like he's some sort of Darren Anderton tribute act, though. 

EDIT- Thank you to whoever it was that recommended Jamie Victory, what a cracking cheap signing. Slots in as decent cover anywhere at the back 👍🏻

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

My brother was a massive Chelsea fan and whenever someone scored a wonder goal he would convince my Dad to take him down to JJB to get a new shirt with a name on the back. 

I can remember five but he must have had more. He had Zola, Ballack, Essien, Poyet and his favourite.... Stanic

• Paid Members

I think Essien could be my favourite player for a team I hate of all time. At his peak, which was sadly too short, he was the absolute complete midfielder, a pleasure to watch.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I think Essien could be my favourite player for a team I hate of all time.

Good question that. Was only thinking last week as I spent another afternoon immersed in footage of him on YouTube that despite hating United, Roy Keane is probably my all-time favourite player never to have played for Hull City. Complete footballer. Brilliant arsehole of a pundit.