Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I never understand the stick City get for their attendance. People seem to forget they have only really had 4 or 5 years of success, not nearly enough time to really grow their core, match going support(they used to get ~30k at Maine Road, didn't they?). If they continue like this for the next 10/15 yeara(like United did from '92 onwards), the local kids who have chosen them as their club(due to their success) will be of an age which they can buy match/season tickets themselves(and will steer their kids towards City too) which should mean those empty seats being useds

At the end of the day, just lke condoms, I'd rather have the seats in the stadium but not need them, rather than need them but the stadium be too small.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Cos it's funny.

Is it? Fair enough. It's not something that amuses me, but I suppose if it's something to gaude the city fans with very short memories/"new" City fans with, then I can understand that.

As a fan of a club that could only dream of getting the nubers through the gate that City get week in, week out, it just seems a bit petty to me.

Yep. Man City fans traditionally come from the poorer parts of Manchester where as Utds tend to come from the more affluent areas of Surrey and London. 

It’s poverty shaming at its worst but on the other hand a lot of citeh fans seem to hate another club more than they love their own so it’s funny and correct to mock them. 

It's funny in so much as the vocal section of fans giving it the billy big bollocks about the city being blue and them being big time looks a bit pathetic when you can walk up to the ground and buy a ticket for a champions league game. Obviously it won't stay that way forever.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Something they won’t have to worry about for a couple of years anyway.

That's a good point!

Actually, how much lower was last nights number compared to their other "home" Champion's League matches? Did many stay away as a sort of half arsed protest agains the UEFA ruling?

Just been looking at league figures, and their average is 54,361 against a capacity of 55,097. Now, I know these are kayfabed figures(tickets sold rather than bodies through the turnstyles), but it's not exactly an embarassing figure in theory. Obviously the blocks of empty seats on TV isn't a great look for a team desperate to be seen as one of the world's elite though.

As I've mentioned above though, I'm sure they would rather have the empty seats there to be sold if needed, rather than being like Chelsea(for example) where they are stuck with an old 40,000 seater stadium but have the demand to sell loads more every week.