Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

Question for the Gooners on here, what's the general opinion with your lot on the AFTV lads? Watched the reaction videos from Troopz and DT yesterday for the first time in ages and never seen Troopz get so worked up, at times I thought Robbie was going to deck him the way he got in his face so much

I've never watched AFTV and I never intend to. I've got no time for bullshit like that. They just add to the negativity. 

I've been to two Arsenal games recently. First time in a good couple of years. The atmosphere is vastly different, in that there is hardly an atmosphere at all unless we're doing something positive on the pitch. Just a lot of negativety throughout. It's not good. 

Edited by Steve Justice

• Paid Members

I've never hid my affection for Wenger. I adore the man and was #WengerIn until late on. However it was time for a change, and it was the right decision to bring someone else in. That opinion stands- Wenger is not the man to take this club forward.

This clown however has not improved us (despite having a stronger squad on paper) and 15 months into the job is looking more clueless and making some seriously damaging decisions. The club have made a poor appointment. Again I reiterate that Wenger is not the man to take this club forward, however I'm convinced he would do a better job with this team than Emery is doing right now.

Emery isn't just making the same gaffes. He's retained the defensive naivety that Wenger had but taken away the attractive football and thrown in stupid managerial decisions to imbalance harmony amongst the squad and between them and the fans (eg Ozil, Xhaka). Emery outlined when he joined that he wanted this team to press. I'm not seeing the second coming of Klopp's Dortmund out there, that's for sure!

His one saving grace thus far? Guendouzi.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Ozil is Wenger's fault, surely? He was given a ridiculous contract that sent out the wrong message to the squad and fans. Emery is having to deal with the fall out from that including Aaron Ramsey leaving because can't/won't give out contracts at the level they've already set.

You're paying for years of very obvious, constant decline smoothed over by winning a few FA Cups (Bastards) as a weak board watched on. Now you're throwing money at the problem but in all the wrong areas. I can see why you'd buy Pepe if you're just going to go and outscore teams because you can't defend but it's hardly the most urgent place to spend.

Xhaka is another poor Wenger signing. The outrage about him the last few days is pathetic though. If you're going to mock a player to that level, he's well within his rights to tell you to fuck off.

Where do you go after Emery? It's United all over again except the starting point was lower. It's Moyes's fault. It's Van Gaal's fault. It's Mourinho's fault. It's currently Solskjaer's fault.

Imagine if any of those Arsenal TV cunts had watched you in the mid 80s or 90s. They'd have killed themselves.

Edited by tiger_rick

There is still the stench of the later Wenger years over the team and that also goes to the the general uneasiness the fans feel. Last season at the start it was a breath of fresh air going over The Arsenal as people were willing to get behind the side rather than argue about the manager. However, having fallen off so badly last year and then seemingly gone backwards this year (when good money has been spent) its gone back to uneasiness and a sense that the managers not good enough.

The thing is, the crowd WANTS the manager to succeed and there are no EMERY OUT chants, but people are frustrated with things and Xhaka for instance acts as a lightning rod for everything they're pissed off about. The failure to play Holding and Tierney now they're back, the fact that we can all see what the best midfield would be and he STILL plays Xhaka, the general weird way he's treating Ozil (who still retains A LOT of support) the isolation of Auba up front. Its got to the point where people just cannot see where this is going. We're still 5th weirdly, and have a chance of top 4, but you sense even if he gets Champs League this year, he's probably gone in the summer, so what's there to really get behind at the moment?

On ArsenalFanTV, its been a stain on the club. Robbie is a nice bloke, but the abuse and anger that comes from it is a real problem. Also Claude once tried to overcharge me for a cab, so fuck em.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Ozil is Wenger's fault, surely? He was given a ridiculous contract that sent out the wrong message to the squad and fans. Emery is having to deal with the fall out from that including Aaron Ramsey leaving because can't/won't give out contracts at the level they've already set.

You're paying for years of very obvious, constant decline smoothed over by winning a few FA Cups (Bastards) as a weak board watched on. Now you're throwing money at the problem but in all the wrong areas. I can see why you'd buy Pepe if you're just going to go and outscore teams because you can't defend but it's hardly the most urgent place to spend.

Xhaka is another poor Wenger signing. The outrage about him the last few days is pathetic though. If you're going to mock a player to that level, he's well within his rights to tell you to fuck off.

Where do you go after Emery? It's United all over again except the starting point was lower. It's Moyes's fault. It's Van Gaal's fault. It's Mourinho's fault. It's currently Solskjaer's fault.

Wenger no doubt has to shoulder some of the blame for Ozil, but ultimately that falls on Gazidis- who offered him that insane deal in the first place. The Ramsey debacle was a combination of the Ozil deal setting a precedent and then Emery/Raul deciding they didn't want to go through with the verbally agreed contract after all as they felt he wasn't worth paying that much for. This is the same Ramsey that from the bench dug us out of numerous holes last season and is the kind of player we desperately need in our midfield right now. Should've been our captain really.

Not sure I completely agree that we're throwing money in the wrong areas. We are throwing it at the right areas, although neglecting the one major area we need to improve the most- defence. We needed a LB, Tierney in. We needed a creative/attack-minded midfielder, we bought in Ceballos on loan. We needed a wide player (and we have needed one for a while now- that's not even up for debate), so Pepe came in. He cost a lot of money, but you have to pay for players in those positions and Zaha would've cost more. Our reinforcement in defence was David Luiz. We should've done better in that position.

Wenger may well have signed Xhaka, but Emery is the one that is playing him regularly despite his terrible form AND then went and made him captain. I do emphasise with Xhaka over this. He doesn't pick himself, he didn't make himself captain either. As Factotum says Emery has made him a lightning rod- it's poor management.

I think United is a different animal because they clearly have major issues with the structure of the club. I don't think you can blame Ole as such for how things are panning out for them, he was always an emotional appointment rather than a sensible one. Losing Fergie was always going to be massive, but Gill at the same time was a double whammy. This summer for the first time there seemed to be an actual strategy behind their recruitment, and you can see a long-term game behind it now.

Look at this Twitter thread. Pretty much everything in this tweet from May 2018 is ringing true right now. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Absolutely, that was a terrible decision. It was a kick to the teeth of Gilberto Silva. And when he had his little huff, what did Wenger do? Took the armband from him, gave it to Cesc and incredibly Gallas followed this up with his best season in an Arsenal shirt the following year.

I know some have questioned the Pepe signing (whether the money spent or if spent on the right areas) but they also somehow managed to sell Iwobi to Everton for £40m so all things considered Pepe isn't at all a bad signing, an upgrade if anything. Maybe just needs a manager to get the most out of him. 

I know some have questioned the Pepe signing (whether the money spent or if spent on the right areas) but they also somehow managed to sell Iwobi to Everton for £40m so all things considered Pepe isn't at all a bad signing, an upgrade if anything. Maybe just needs a manager to get the most out of him. 

Pepe is doing perfectly fine at the moment, he's just often isolated as he has nobody to pass to in the number 10 position when he beats players. He's only really had 1 stinker against United. In other games he's shown great flashes. Arsenal 'fans' getting on his back obviously never supported Arsenal when Bergkamp and Henry signed. Henry especially was all over the place in the first half of that season

• Paid Members

Yep. His crosses on Sunday resulted in both of our goals and he scored two lovely free kicks last week. Prior to that, he's looked lively. Also he didn't have a pre-season and no time to settle into the squad. He's doing fine and will become more influential over the course of the season.