Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

This is all that's wrong with football nowadays, sadly. Lower league teams with over 120 years of history could now disappear. Those fans will be lost to football if these clubs vanish from existence and for some, a way of life. This is proper lower league life and my heart goes out to the fans of Bury Football Club. Unfortunately, this is the tip of the iceberg and there must be others under the same pressure in financial terms. It may be the start of clubs at that level starting to fall apart, especially in League One and Two. That is before you get to the likes of some clubs with long histories in Scotland who basically need to stay up every season to keep the lights on.

Has anyone on the board been involved in some way in a fan run club? Irrespective of the level I'm looking for useful information on setting one up, top tips and pratfalls etc.

Failing that, if anyone can point me in the direction of any decent online pieces or even names of people who have set them up so I can hound them instead, that would be cool. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Has anyone on the board been involved in some way in a fan run club? Irrespective of the level I'm looking for useful information on setting one up, top tips and pratfalls etc.

Failing that, if anyone can point me in the direction of any decent online pieces or even names of people who have set them up so I can hound them instead, that would be cool. 

Clapton Community Football Club is a relatively new club not far from me; they're co-operatively owned by the local community, and they're doing pretty well by all accounts. 

https://www.claptoncfc.co.uk/

55 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Exeter City, the finest club in Devon (no, the world), are supporter-owned and run, the Supporters Trust are usually quite happy to chat to people: https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/

Supporters Direct may also be able to help: https://supporters-direct.org/

• Moderators
On 8/28/2019 at 12:56 AM, Shy Dad said:

I assume because they've actually been able to field a team, use their facilities and somewhat run as a club. Hereford had the same a few seasons back, the 14 days are a standard closing period to explore every avenue, as it looked with Bury that even with a 14 day extension the club would have failed to field a further three games in that time I guess it was a case of it was safer to just expell them. 

It'll be interesting to see where any phoenix club lands league wise. Hereford was a case of being non league to shoot us down as far as logistically possible without making it difficult for clubs in our division to be able to host games with our away support, Bury could easily be placed straight back in at the NL North next year if a supporters club led team and renting the ground from the council came into play. 

Jester Shitty ended up back in the Evo-Stik as a phoenix, so that could be an option.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Wrexham are supporters trust owned hough several of our supporters are getting annoyed with this as we're still playing level 5 football after all these years. Personally i think it's amazing we still have a club as we were in Bury's shoes in 2011 (thanks Robbie Savage!)

http://www.wrexham.com/sport/wrexham-fans-raise-100k-day-save-club-948.html

We're profitable now and we're now looking at redevelopment of our old Kop end and a new training ground after being forced to sell the old one. We've got a long lease now on our ground after Asset Strippers tried to fuck us over countless times for it, offering us safety. We're getting an average of about 5300, the highest in the league, even more than Notts County so the following is there. Just unfortunately every season some monied wanker tinpots with tiny attendances throw money at their club, go up, and will soon be in the shit in a few years fucing over their original fans.

Just need to get out of this fucking league. It's the hardest to get out of.

And fuck all you premier league wankers. Can't wait til you all burn.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Kfogg's Grandad is probably Chairman for a few, so worth giving him a shout. 

Edited by Gus Mears

Napoli, Salzburg and Genk in our Champions League group. Happy with that, mostly for the fact we aren't being lugged over to the arse end of Serbia this year round.

At this stage, there's no point making City play in the group stage. It'd be easier for everyone if UEFA just gave them a bye into the quarter finals.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There's a first time for everything!

I'd like to think I'm one of the fairly optimistic ones when it comes to our fanbase!

If we're winning...

Sometimes...

Edited by AdamTH17

Undisputed highlight of the evening has to be the bloke representing Slavia Praha completely creasing himself upon seeing they were in a group with Barcelona, Inter and Dortmund. The kind of spirit you love witnessing.