Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

This Aubamalovein inevitably ends with him signing for Chelsea or getting his bumper pay rise then doing the square root of fuck all for 3 years.

United look dead certs to be signing Sancho. That’s some forward line, just need a defence and manager to match it.

4 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Can Arsenal and Spurs have their own thread next year and stay out of the one for everyone else? 

Yes, yes they can. 

And Liverpool don't? Poor officiating, umpire.

Nice to see United are following the CiTeH approach; banging up top, shit in defense. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, hallicks said:

Maybe there can be a separate thread for Spurs fans to complain about Arsenal-related social media offerings? 

I think this is the solution.

I'm stunned by the Sancho news. Yes he's top class and yes they lack depth in those forward three positions- but I thought the Rashford-Martial-Greenwood axis was working really well and any players brought in would supplement them. A ÂŁ100m player isn't supplementing anyone, he's benching Greenwood. I suppose if the option to sign a potential world class player arises, you do it before anyone else does.

• Paid Members

10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm stunned by the Sancho news. Yes he's top class and yes they lack depth in those forward three positions- but I thought the Rashford-Martial-Greenwood axis was working really well and any players brought in would supplement them. A ÂŁ100m player isn't supplementing anyone, he's benching Greenwood. I suppose if the option to sign a potential world class player arises, you do it before anyone else does.

Once one of those three (or Fernandes) gets injured though, who do they have? Ighalo? James? They absolutely need another option up there. It also gives them an extra option off the bench which they just haven't had. As soon as one or more of those four go off, United don't score or look like doing so.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

who do they have? Ighalo? James?

38E1719200000578-0-image-a-5_1475350086066.jpg.5f7f66c705fa1c02f0d2d7a3ebd35102.jpg

Jessi jokes aside they absolutely need more quality in those positions, but I'm still surprised they're going all in for Sancho. That's a massive outlay.

Maybe you should just take Mkhitaryan back. I'd much prefer that option.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Jessi jokes aside they absolutely need more quality in those positions, but I'm still surprised they're going all in for Sancho. That's a massive outlay.

Who do they go for though? Sockboy Grealish? Plus it's really not a big price considering some that are thrown around these days.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Who do they go for though? Sockboy Grealish? Plus it's really not a big price considering some that are thrown around these days.

It's definitely cheaper than it could've been (Covid price?) given his talents. I don't think Graelish would've been the answer either- overpriced and again too much money for somebody that wouldn't necessarily improve your front three (and definitely not a touch on Bruno if he's played in midfield). Sancho will clearly improve the front three, there's no doubt about that. I was expecting a shrewd Shaqiri-esq signing or two.

Does it leave them with much to bring in another decent midfielder, or do they persevere with Matic or McTominay to play with Pogba and Bruno? Do they improve their defence?

• Paid Members

Love Martial, but I think he's the most at risk in the long term. Greenwood has been good off the right but I think he will eventually go in the middle.

As well as someone alongside Maguire, United really need wingbacks that can attack. It was embarrassing in the last few games where teams just gave Williams and AWB all the space in the world knowing they'd do naff all with the ball but pass it back from where it came.

Edited by Murtz

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Does it leave them with much to bring in another decent midfielder, or do they persevere with Matic or McTominay to play with Pogba and Bruno? Do they improve their defence?

My feeling is if Tuanzebe didn't get injured, he would have partnered Maguire instead of Lindelof. I think if Maguire plays next to someone with pace then he becomes more effective and it's a much better partnership. Also because Lindelof is crap. As such, I think Solskjaer will not spend big in that department but he will bring someone in who's not necessarily going to be a first choice.

Midfield's complicated because Matic has been excellent since the restart and I think if Pogba stays then he solves the pace issue there too. McTominay is good back-up and there are decent youngsters behind them, so I can see Fred going on a loan.

I don't think Solskjaer will give up on De Gea even though he clearly peaked two years ago. Henderson will stay out on loan and Romero will remain cup goalie.

He might (should) look at left back because Shaw lost any momentum he'd started to build when he got that major injury those years ago. Williams is raw but not ready, but can play both sides which is helpful. I can't see them bringing in any more than another three after Sancho and I'd be surprised if any of them are major deals.

• Paid Members

OGS has been clear that he wants competition in all the positions on the pitch - in the same way Ferguson had Yorke, Cole, Sheringham and OGS. As he feels it will push players on; he doesn't want the current front 3 to think their positions are safe.

We saw during these past few weeks, he doesn't rate much outside of United's first 11 either so the club probably have another 3 transfer windows to go before getting it sorted. CB, FBs, CM, CF all need looked at.

Sancho is a great signing. United have the cash to pay the fee which clubs know about because Woodward was saying how much cash they have in reserve and how well they are doing despite COVID, so it's difficult to play that card.

Worth noting that the club are apparently saving €60m over two years by letting Sanchez leave of a free too.