Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

How's things going in League One buddy? Third season now.

Other than ownership and non-promotion, it’s not too bad. A chance to visit some stadiums we would never have the chance to otherwise like experiencing Gillingham’s shaking scaffold away stand of death.

1 hour ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Other than ownership and non-promotion, it’s not too bad. A chance to visit some stadiums we would never have the chance to otherwise like experiencing Gillingham’s shaking scaffold away stand of death.

Poor choice of example. You already played league games at the Priestfield in 2003-4 and 2004-5.

33 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Poor choice of example. You already played league games at the Priestfield in 2003-4 and 2004-5.

Some great googling there, hoss.

Sorry to upset you that personal circumstances meant I never went to two particular away games 15/16 years ago.

I saw us get beat 2-0 away to Tranmere in 1996 when my brother was the child mascot, does that make it up to you? Hopefully I get points for Peter Reid trying to chat up my mam in the reception area pre-game.

16 minutes ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Some great googling there, hoss.

Sorry to upset you that personal circumstances meant I never went to two particular away games 15/16 years ago.

I saw us get beat 2-0 away to Tranmere in 1996 when my brother was the child mascot, does that make it up to you? Hopefully I get points for Peter Reid trying to chat up my mam in the reception area pre-game.

Hey, it was mostly from memory! I only Googled to confirm. 

You said 'we' in the earlier post, so it was fair to presume you were talking about Sunderland fans in general rather than your personal attendace at the ground. That's a great anecdote from Prenton Park though.

So.

Sheffield Wednesday have conveniently had their points deduction held over to next season.

That then leaves the door open for the Independent Panel to reduce Wigan's deduction to save them too - sending poor old Barnsley down.

Let's look at Wigan and the year ending June 2019. Turnover 11.5m. Wages 19.2m. Operating loss 16.2m. Players sales 7m. Net loss 9.2m.

20m of loans payable to the parent company in the last 12 months and cumulative losses of 66m.

Yet the managed to buy Kieffer Moore off us in August for 2.5m (rising to 4m) and doubled his wages. On am average home gate of 8k.

The administrators have just thanked fans who have contributed to the club to allow them to finish the season and pay some staff. A well run football club.

Yet we're the bad guys.

Now excuse me, this chip on my shoulder is hurting.

• Paid Members

Barnsley attended Wigan's appeal hearing, to justify putting them into admin and maintaining the points deduction, to save their own skin. Fair play? I think not. 

Charlton are now taking legal action due to the points deduction of Wednesday to try and save their own skin. 

Both teams shouldn't really have a leg to stand on, they were the bottom 2 out of 3 teams of the season, the punishment for such is relegation. 

If Wigan's points are reduced, then surely there is reason for it, the way Wigan played since the return and where they actually finished the season before the deduction, was brilliant.

This whole points deduction for Wednesday would never have been completed prior to the season end if it ended when it should have, I'm surprised it's we've actually got an answer this soon. 

Forgive me for not having much sympathy for little old Barnsley, if they hadn't tried every trick in the book to stave off relegation, I may have had some. 

They were pushing the EFL to deduct Wednesday points well before the decision was made along with attending Wigan's hearing. 

Of course we were. We played by the rules.

Wednesday sold their ground to themselves for 60 million. Derby likewise for 80 million. How is that allowed.

All clubs voted for the season to end when it did. So Wigan has gone into administration during this season. They voted for the season to end on July 22. They went into administration on July 1. During the season.

The penalties are there for all to see. The rules are there. The new owner doesn't fancy pissing away the 1 million a month that the club is currently losing. And they've still not paid us for Kieffer Moore. Good practice? I think not.

2 years ago Barnsley got relegated because Bolton stayed up on the final day despite not paying bills or players or whatever. They're now fucked. At the time they were gloating and giving it the big one. We played by the rules. We got punished. It's brilliant to see the chickens coming home to roost for all the mismanagement in the division.

Usually I have sympathy for fans who have been fucked by owners. Bury and Blackpool immediately spring to mind. But I've got no empathy at all with fans of Derby, Bolton, Wednesday and Wigan. It's great when money is being thrown about, but there's always tears when it dissapears.

• Paid Members

As a Wednesday fan living in Barnsley, all I ever hear is poor old Barnsley this, poor old Barnsley that. If you have to survive relegation in the court rooms, then you're not good enough. It's as simple as that.

Wednesday have been under soft transfer embargoes since 2018, we haven't spend hardly anything in that time. Barnsley have actually spent more than us, so the whole throwing money around arguement is redundant. If the EFL actually got their ducks in a line and took action at the time of the issue, which is July 2019 when our accounts were published after being signed off by the EFL, this would be a non issue. 

The reason that it is ongoing now, is because Steve Gibson and his band of merry men decided that because they spunked away their parachute payments on frivolous spending, they needed to fight in the courts.

Football seasons should never be determined in a court room. Wigan should have had their points deducted next season, same as Wednesday.

As for the Moore signing, that was ratified and signed off by the EFL.

Ah right, you're a Wednesday fan. I get it now.

Why have you been under a 'soft' embargo? Because you spent beyond your means. You had a strike force of Rhodes, Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Joao and Winnall at that time. You haven't spent anything since because the wages you're paying on those 7 alone are astronomical. You've broken the rules.

I agree that football shouldn't be settled in court - but what happens when someone breaks the rules? Do we just smile and nod and get on with it? Roll over and have our belly tickled? No. I'm happy that our board are actually showing a bit of backbone. If clubs such as Derby, Wednesday and Wigan didn't break the rules then football wouldn't be decided in court rooms.

You're all over the place here. You say the EFL ratified the Moore transfer - which they did, fair enough. But they also ratified the Wigan takeover. You can't have one without the other. You can't have a go at the EFL when it suits. 

At the risk of turning this into a shitty Barnsley v Wednesday debate that nobody wants to hear (too late on that probably), I'll leave it there.

• Paid Members

I agree, no one wants a shitty Barnsley Vs Wednesday debate, especially seeing as both will be in League 1 in 12 months time.

My point about the EFL, is the EFL are all over the place, penalising clubs for breaking ridiculous rules they put in place, yet people like Steve Dale and the Wigan owner take over clubs all while meeting their 'fit and proper' tests. 

Football shouldn't be settled in the court room, but it is. Currently awaiting outcomes are Macclesfield, Wigan, Derby, Stevenage, Charlton and potentially now Wednesday if they appeal. By proxy, that also involves Barnsley. 

Has football ever been in such a state as it is now under the FFP or P&S rules the EFL put in place?

• Paid Members

The after effects of this season are going to rumble on and on. Charlton are talking about going to court to sue over the Wednesday punishment. If Wigan's penalty is upheld, they will go to court, likewise with the Reds if the penalty is upheld. It's a fucking mess!

The thing that would be the smoking bullet for me with Wigan, is would they have appealed the penalty if it hadn't sent them down? The answer is no, which means they would have accepted they did wrong. I mean, you can't pay the wages and transfer fee's they do on crowds of around 8,000. They have been a ticking time bomb since the parachute payments dried up. The reason "poor little t'old Barnsley" feel hard done to, is because the club try do do things within their means. Even is every other club did the same, they would be up against it, as they would be still in the bottom 4 or 5 teams in terms of budget. But the majority of the other 23 teams don't operate within their means. Wigan ,for example paying ~£1.70 in wages for every £1 they take in, or Wednesday, despite having a big fanbase, paying eye watering wages to 5 or 6 strikers, when they only play 2 or 3 at a time. The club have it had enough to be successful as it is, without clubs financial doping to get around the rules.

Also, get ready for even more court action and over spending if Wigan get their points deduction overturned. Every club that have been punished the same way and relegated will feel hard done by, and once the prescient has been set, every club that gambles on promotion and goes titts up will simply point to Wigan to get away with the punishment.