Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

God you're right! But probably £50m if they paid £40m for Iwobi.

Everton are proper shit.

A couple of weeks back Everton were linked with both Lingard & Phil Jones. The usual form for Everton.

Everton's transfer dealings are usually poor. They sold Schneiderlin to Nice last month. Cost £20m, sold him for £2m. Paid £26m for Bolasie, he's had 3 loans in the past two years and will leave on a free next year. Oumar Niasse was a January panic buy for £16m, just left on a free. Cenk Tosun will next on that list 

Really cannot see any redeeming qualities in Iwobi. He had 1 good game all season against Norwich. He came on at half time for the match against Wolves, which they lost 3-0, it could have been more. In the last 20 minutes, he touched the ball 9 times. 6 times, he passed the ball back to Sigurdson, once he passed the ball sideways to Davies. Once he booted the ball into the arms of Patricio, once he lobbed it up to Calvert Lewin. Not once did he take anyone on down the wing. No pace, no flair, no creativity. Utter shite.

They're now going to have to give Ancelotti a lot of money to spend on overhauling the team. Calvert Lewin & Richarlison had decent seasons both getting 13 goals each. Next closest was Bernard with 3 goals, big deficit there.

3 hours ago, JNLister said:

Paddy power took pity and paid out anyway. He's donated it to Black Lives Matter and asked people to follow suit, which is now over £1,000.

So it probably wasn’t Porkchop then. 

Hasn’t the word been that Everton need to sell to buy for a while. It’s a terrible position to be in going in to this market when they have so many turds to flush. I still reckon that stadium won’t come to fruition.

The good news is that Man City just shit all over FFP so if Usmanov fancies funnelling some money through them they’ll be able to give Ancelotti a fighting chance.

Everton are a strange one. On paper, the ingredients have been there for a while to turn into a top team but it seems like stupid decisions in recruitment and being money marks always hinders them. It has been discussed earlier, but the idea of bringing in Lingard or Jones for an exorbitant fee seems to perfectly sum up their transfer model. 

They aren't without ambition as it probably took a lot to bring a manager of Ancelotti's calibre in - but is he really the man for the job? He has always reportedly had a languid, hands-off style where he lets the best players find the solutions on the park. I thought him and Duncan Ferguson would make a good pairing, as Dunc would be the guy giving the players a kicking at half time while Carlo went for a fag in the toilets. But it hasn't happened so far. I think until long-term success looks tangible, Everton need a manager in the Moyes (or maybe even Martinez) mould who will demand the absolute maximum out of them at all times in order to even touch the glass ceiling.

Not that Moyes is that man in the modern day: he has aged about 200 years in the last two!

I don't really get too up or down about Chelsea these days but let's just say I was pleasantly surprised by Lampard's first season in charge and the signs seem good in terms of his ability as a manager. He gave a lot of our youngsters a chance and whilst I'd say only Mount and James have maybe nailed down a first team birth, he has a good nucleus of a squad that has come through the ranks which he can supplement with expensive signings from abroad. 

It's an obvious statement when you look at the table but we're a long way off Liverpool and City but signings like Werner, Ziyach and possibly Havertz (none of whom I've seen much of admittedly) seem to be a move in the right direction but the real issue is conceding goals. Having had some very conservative managers of the past couple of decades it's been novel to see us play at times like Kevin Keegan's Newcastle, but as Mighty Mouse himself would probably attest, you don't win leagues like that. 

I hope there is some money left over for a world class goalkeeper and central defender. My choices would be Oblak and Koulibaly, I suspect the reality will be more like Henderson/Pope and Ake. We'll need to find a left back from somewhere too. Good luck to Marina Granovskaia recouping some of the money wasted on the abject Kepa. Along with him and Pedro, I'd show the door to Emerson, Alonso, Rudiger, Christensen, Jorginho, Barkley, Batshuayi, Willian and Giroud (the last two, somewhat reluctantly given their post lockdown heroics). There must be a dozen stiffs out on loan we could fuck off too, but not Ethan Ampadu. Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi need to get themselves fit and prove themselves otherwise they would follow. 

21 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I don't really get too up or down about Chelsea these days but let's just say I was pleasantly surprised by Lampard's first season in charge and the signs seem good in terms of his ability as a manager. He gave a lot of our youngsters a chance and whilst I'd say only Mount and James have maybe nailed down a first team birth, he has a good nucleus of a squad that has come through the ranks which he can supplement with expensive signings from abroad. 

It's an obvious statement when you look at the table but we're a long way off Liverpool and City but signings like Werner, Ziyach and possibly Havertz (none of whom I've seen much of admittedly) seem to be a move in the right direction but the real issue is conceding goals. Having had some very conservative managers of the past couple of decades it's been novel to see us play at times like Kevin Keegan's Newcastle, but as Mighty Mouse himself would probably attest, you don't win leagues like that. 

I hope there is some money left over for a world class goalkeeper and central defender. My choices would be Oblak and Koulibaly, I suspect the reality will be more like Henderson/Pope and Ake. We'll need to find a left back from somewhere too. Good luck to Marina Granovskaia recouping some of the money wasted on the abject Kepa. Along with him and Pedro, I'd show the door to Emerson, Alonso, Rudiger, Christensen, Jorginho, Barkley, Batshuayi, Willian and Giroud (the last two, somewhat reluctantly given their post lockdown heroics). There must be a dozen stiffs out on loan we could fuck off too, but not Ethan Ampadu. Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi need to get themselves fit and prove themselves otherwise they would follow. 

It's been a tough season for Spurs, I think we did ok to finish 6th, on squad depth we're miles behind Liverpool and City, and were up to the start of the season probably on a par with Chelsea and Man U. Realistically we should have got 4th or 5th so although disappointing to not win anything again, miss out on Champions League and missing out on signing Bruno Fernandes it could've been a lot worse.

Hopefully we are able to get some decent wing backs in, Ben Davies is not a wing back so unfair to ask him to play there, not sure what Serge Aurier is in all honesty, but fair play to the bloke for playing after the death of his brother.

Even though I've said we need wing backs I think Kyle Walker-Peters will leave, along with Juan Foyth. There seems to be little point keeping Gedson Fernandes, I'd put Oliver Skipp out on loan somewhere ideally another prem team.

We also need another centre back, I'm not sure if Sanchez is good enough, and Dier and Aldewiereld won't play every week. We also either need a creative player or let Dele play a free role, along with at least a world class striker and a back up.

Edited by stewdogg
Edited for clarity

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Ben Davies is not a full back so unfair to ask him to play there.

Well, seeing that he's played all of his club career and most of his international career at left back, not sure what other position he is.

I have no doubt that Mourinho will improve Spurs' placement next season. The issue is that it'll be turgid to watch and Spurs fans will be having none of it.

Edited by garynysmon

4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Well, seeing that he's played all of his club career and most of his international career at left back, not sure what other position he is.

I have no doubt that Mourinho will improve Spurs' placement next season. The issue is that it'll be turgid to watch and Spurs fans will be having none of it.

Sorry I should've clarified he's not a wing back. In my opinion his best position is left side of a back 3. He's also a decent left back, just doesn't have the best final product.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, stewdogg said:

Sorry I should've clarified he's not a wing back. In my opinion his best position is left side of a back 3. He's also a decent left back, just doesn't have the best final product.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Wouldn't fancy him as a centre back in a back four as he's not tall enough, but was great as a left sided centre back in Coleman's 3-5-2 formation before and during the last Euros.

For Spurs he's a 7/10 player for me. Nothing fancy and won't do anything spectacular, but rarely does he drop a massive clanger and is pretty dependable all in all. Mourinho obviously likes him but yeah, doesn't have the acceleration nor athleticism to be an all-out wing back.