Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
32 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

In fairness, it feels like they've won the title about three times this season already. Making a big deal of the trophy presentation was just milking it.

To be fair, they’ve done an incredible wind-up job. Top drawer. I’m made up for them but they took it to a new level with that light and firework show which made me feel like the Americans found out I had a bit of oil.

We're probably a generation away from the kind of supercomputer that can cogently work out if we're media darlings or the most ignored, inconsequential title win ever. Hendo's little legs done the lift, though. The season's out! 

1 hour ago, seph said:

Thank fuck that season's done. Interesting shootout coming up, I can see Brentford ballsing it up more than Fulham but that final's probably likely. The Wigan thing sucks the hardest, though; either them or Barnsley getting dropped by a League jury isn't a nice way to see the Champ order decided.

Don't forget Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County could be in trouble with their dodgy selling of their stadiums to the owners to cook the books. A hearing on both cases are due to be looked at in August. 

I also feel for Wigan, it shows up how ineffective the 'fit and proper persons' test is. 

Colin managed to do his Red Adair rescue of Boro and is looking likely to stay on for at least a year. 

• Paid Members

Sorry if I were buzzing last night, and a little "over excited!" I know for every Barnsley fan celebrating there is a Wigan, Hull and Charlton fan dreading League 1, and cracking clubs like Brentford having to go through the playoffs after looking like they would be top 2 for much of the night. I never like to come off like I'm gloating, and having experienced both those feelings numerous times, it really isn't a nice feeling...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

If Warnock does stay on for another season, he'll probably drag enough performances out of Boro to get them promoted. 

The only man in football that CAN polish a turd.

And yet when it's time to evolve from that and really get the best out of his players he's still a deer in the headlights. 

22 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

When do the new PL and League seasons start? 

Earliest date I've seen through heresay was 12/09. I think that's a little too short if players still want a real holiday (as good as one can get in this situation), so I'd say late Sept/early Oct as a ballpark. That winter break thingy didn't last long, did it?

9 hours ago, seph said:

Thank fuck that season's done. Interesting shootout coming up, I can see Brentford ballsing it up more than Fulham but that final's probably likely. The Wigan thing sucks the hardest, though; either them or Barnsley getting dropped by a League jury isn't a nice way to see the Champ order decided.

I'm still anticipating the FA bottling it like they did in League Two where they decided that the optimum point deduction for winding up orders, financial issues and so on is two points just so they wouldn't have to take responsibility for relegating a team.

• Paid Members

This is going to rumble on and on. If they go back and don't relegate Wigan, the Barnsley board will sue the FA for not applying the set in stone rules(they are already looking into court action against them if Wednesday and Derby are not punished this season for the stadium sales). If they do relegate Wigan, then they will go to court. It's a complete fucking mess!

I've just spoken to a mate of mine that works in the admin support at Oakwell(he supports the board and the coaching staff), and they think it's a cast iron case that the Wigan deduction will stand as a precedent has been set in the past and will open the FA up for even more legal action. Even if they argue that it's the FA's fault for not being stringent enough with their fit and proper person tests, Bolton(as an example) could then sue the FA for loss of earnings as they can argue the same. 

I certainly wouldn't like to be the one that makes the decision. By the letter of the law, Wigan should go down as they have been paying player wages that wouldn't look out of place towards the bottom of the Premier League on crowds of around 8,000 that they obviously couldn't afford. 

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, lanky316 said:

I'm still anticipating the FA bottling it like they did in League Two where they decided that the optimum point deduction for winding up orders, financial issues and so on is two points just so they wouldn't have to take responsibility for relegating a team.

If Bolton and Bury could/would sue on that basis I'd be all for it.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

Crap trivia on Wigan: as far as I can tell this is the first time since Sheffield United in 1981 that a team has been relegated with a positive goal difference. (Though added credit to Manchester City who were relegated in 1938 despite scoring more goals than any other team in the division.)

• Paid Members

And to add to this Manchester City were league champions the prior year in 1937. I'm fairly sure they are the only side in England to win the title and get relegated the following year.

When Leicester got relegated from the Championship (and we didn’t) they had the second best defensive record in the league, but couldn’t score for shit. Not that I’m complaining!