Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

How's O'Donnell been doing in goal for you lot? 

Richard "Firework enthusiast" O'Donnell??!? 🤣🤣

On the Juniors front it needs to be said that Gary Johnson was antithetical in that he seemed to put more pressure on Lee than you'd expect; when he was canned in '13 Lee immediately improved and felt more comfortable on the field. As a gaffer he routinely trounces the old man when teams meet. Nature or nurture??

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

That's gotta be some record. 

Yeah, the 'been shite at every club North of Coventry' record.

I assume Bruce must have at least been semi-competent at one club during his managerial career, but I can't say I remember when.

Edited by Gus Mears

12 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

yeah, the 'been shite at every club North of Coventry' record

Maybe he’s behind our move to St Andrews for next season so he can strike one of them from his record. 

• Paid Members

He's obviously aspiring to achieving Allardyce-like promiscuity.

• Paid Members

I can at least remember quite a few seasons where Big Sam stabilised a club in freefall or kept poor sides up, if not a bit more. I can't remember a thing Bruce has done that's any good.

I vaguely think I recall him not being a complete disaster at Sunderland and (I could be imagining this) a passable turn at Wigan. Though it's entirely possible I'm confusing him with Mark Hughes or someone else who has made a career in the dugout on mediocrity.

Edited by Gus Mears

18 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

How's O'Donnell been doing in goal for you lot? 

I don't rate him. a lot of other fans think he's solid enough for where we're at but I'm not convinced. he only got people onside last year because he acted like a cheerleader in front of the kop stand whenever we scored.

• Paid Members
On 7/9/2019 at 6:25 PM, Gus Mears said:

Yeah, the 'been shite at every club North of Coventry' record.

I assume Bruce must have at least been semi-competent at one club during his managerial career, but I can't say I remember when.

Downvote.

• Paid Members

Koscielny has refused to go on Arsenal's pre-season tour of the US. Hahaha, what a clusterfuck of a club we are- our own captain wants out and refusing to travel with the rest of the team.

This time last year there was so much promise, especially in the eyes of those glad to see the back of Wenger, but we're even more fucked than ever.

Gazidis oddly left despite finally winning the power battle with Wenger, Sven Mislintat (responsible for most of the decent signing we've made over the past 18 months) was tossed to one side, we took ages to appoint a technical director, we apparently have £45m to spend on players (which we are yet to do anything about, other than a trolling bid for Zaha), we pulled the verbally agreed contract from Ramsey and let him walk for free, we aren't close to replacing him nor anyone else that has left for free, nobody knows what we're going to do with Ozil and financially we are set to report a loss.

Still, we'll look good in our beautiful new kits when we finish below the likes of Leicester, Wolves and even Man Utd, so there's that.

Arsenal are a strange one at the moment. On paper they have among the best attack forces in European football but the rest of the team is a basket case. I firmly believe that Emery is the man for the job as his track record at previous clubs suggest he's a top coach, but who knows what kind of chaos he is working against at board level? I would never call the Zaha bid derisory as £40m is more than fair for a player of his calibre. If he was really worth the £80m that Palace value him at, he would still be at Man Utd. They have every right to try to squeeze as much money out of clubs as ultimately, a player is worth what someone is willing to pay, but £80m should get you one of the world's top players. Arsenal seemed to be going after an intelligent target by going for Kieran Tierney from Celtic as there is value in a deal like that. It just seems toxic at the moment with the captain refusing to take part in pre-season.

Player power has definitely made football a lesser spectacle. There was something quite satisfying about seeing the gaffer run his shop with an iron fist. Nowadays, if you stand up to the players, you will find yourself in the dole queue pronto.