Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

Chelsea are due a bad season (bad by their standards anyway) so may as well just get it out of the way with the transfer ban and start again next season. Take the hit this season, try bring in some youth players and then if its a terrible season you have reason to ship out some of the current squad and start all over again. I do think Allegri is a good shout though. 

Speaking of managers isn't Emery's contract up at the end of the season? Without trying to sound negative if Arsenal get off to a bad start (opening fixtures aren't easy) I could see a lot of pressure on him building throughout the season. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

But I think we finish 6th-7th, Lampard gets fired for Allegri next year and we go back to pissing money up the wall haphazardly. 

Well, yeah, obviously. 

Any optimism that I have isn't because I think they'll all Do It For Frank, but because being forced to use some young talent might mean we actually, you know, use some young talent and that taking the transfer hammer away might stop everything looking like a bloody nail. Its not going to do anything this season, but maybe in 4-5. Without the ban we're 4-5 seasons away from completely collapsing anyway, what with an increasingly disinterested owner and there being very few managers left in the sea. 

Frank is a terrible decision mind, Latin GCSEs or not. 

13 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

In news that will surprise no-one, smelly French cheat Michelle Platini has been arrested on corruption charges. 

Time for this country to pull out of UEFA too. 

• Awards Moderator

Looks like Wan-Bissaka to Man. United is a done deal at £55m.

Excellent business for us, assuming we don’t buy ten Jordon Mutchs, and in him that lot have got an incredible talent. He’ll be England’s RB quickly and for years to come, and they’ll either have a diamond for a long time or will make a shitload of profit if they sell him when a big club comes in for him.

Been a Palace fan for nearly 35 years, a season ticket holder over a decade and he’s in the top three talents I’ve seen in our shirt*. He’s only 21 and he’ll just get better.

* yeah, yeah. I know.

• Paid Members

Who else is in your top 3? I'd go with Joel Ward and Marouane Chamakh.

You'll spend a bit of that money on Max Aarons, who must be good if United were looking at him as an alternative to Wan-Bissaka.

• Awards Moderator
39 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Who else is in your top 3? I'd go with Joel Ward and Marouane Chamakh.

You'll spend a bit of that money on Max Aarons, who must be good if United were looking at him as an alternative to Wan-Bissaka.

Well it’s not that shitarse van Aanholt, for sure. Wright and Zaha. Darren Ambrose was too good to be rated.

But yeah, Max Aarons is the number one target and I’d be happy if we shell out a few bob for him. Whilst AWB is an exceptional talent, the level our club’s at doesn’t warrant panic when it comes to replacing him.

• Paid Members

Gorgeous Gomes for 22m is just sensational business. Particularly in today's market where I maintain I'm worth at least £500,000. 

It's an outrageously cheap fee for a player of that quality. Everton basically had a pedal all over Bareclona's back and made them clean up the mess.