Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

This evening I was driving and stopped off at Stafford services on the M6. A car parked up next to me that had two Liverpool flags attached. A grown man took them with him as he went inside the services, waving them about, while the woman with him waited in the car. 

Christ allfucking mighty. I wish Spurs had won it now. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
No kit was worn.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Scotland's two best players are left backs. Madness isn't it? They've been trying to accommodate both, much like Wales spent years trying to accommodate both Ben Davies and Neil Taylor.

We didn't spend years accomodating them. Davies at CB and Taylor at LB was thw bwst defence we mustered then Taylor became shit, Mepham appeared, and we don't do wing backs anymore anyway 

• Paid Members

That is accommodating them as both of their better positions were at left back, but you managed to find a system that meant you can use both of them (playing 3/5 at the back, with Taylor as a CB as you say).

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That is accommodating them as both of their better positions were at left back, but you managed to find a system that meant you can use both of them (playing 3/5 at the back, with Taylor as a CB as you say).

Davies was CB with Ashley Williams and James Chester. Taylor at left wing back and Chris Gunter in the right. Neither wing backs get a game anymore really.  Taylor stopped getting picked on the reg during the Coleman days. Dummett gets the odd game now. The cunt. It wasn't so much finding a system to accommodate him as at the time he wasn't much better than Taylor but was a lot better than every centre back we had at the time other than Ashley Williams. Necessity. 

Wales by and large Tends to be a 4 2 3 1 now. Davies on the left, Mepham and Chester in the middle and Roberts on the right. 

Then the embarrassment of young riches in the midfield to striker. Probably something like Ampadu and Matt Smith in the holding roles, David Brooks and Dan James or Harry Wilson on the wings with Ramsey in the hole behind Bale who we tend to use as a 9 these days. 

That's a sweet team when you read it back isn't it? 

We've confirmed on Twitter that Sturridge and Moreno are both off when their contracts expire this summer.

Gutted for Sturridge but pleased that he got himself a medal, and that he'll certainly be able to find another club in England where he'll be first choice, which was never going to happen with us given how much Klopp loves Brewster. By the time he'd gotten himself fit again, there was no way he was dislodging any of our front three. An absolutely brilliant striker when he could stay fit. His goal record for us was ridiculous at some point. People tend to forget just how good he was when he was linking up with Suarez, Coutinho and Gerrard under Rodgers, and how technically good he was as well, as demonstrated with his goals against Chelsea and Sevilla. Could've easily been a 20-goal a season striker if he wasn't injured all the time.

Talking of Sevilla, I won't be too upset to see the back of Moreno. Karius gets abuse constantly for throwing away the final against Madrid, whilst Moreno went and put in an absolutely woeful performance against them in the Europa League. Literally cost us the game because every one of their goals stemmed from his mistakes. Always seemed like a nice enough guy, and possesses easily the most bizarre tattoo I've seen on a footballer, but simply not good enough for where we want to be.

• Paid Members

Well, it's back to the Championship for the Super Reds this coming season, and back to trying to compete with clubs getting millions in parachute payments/clubs spending millions they don't have while we try and run at break even at least. 

It's early days, but I think we're back to hoping that there is 3 worse clubs in the division, while we try and consolidate for a few years...