Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

How do you manage to keep buying players from Barca on the cheap? I'd be chuffed wth Gomes and wouldn't bat an eyelid if we parted £40m for a player of his quality. That's a brilliant signing.

46 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

How do you manage to keep buying players from Barca on the cheap? I'd be chuffed wth Gomes and wouldn't bat an eyelid if we parted £40m for a player of his quality. That's a brilliant signing.

Marcel Brands is a master negotiator that's how, to get Gomes, Digne and Mina for a grand total of £62m is brilliant business, hell just the former two alone for £34m is incredible in itself

• Paid Members

I know it's commonplace for fans to moan about their owners these days, but fuck me I don't half feel for you lot. The potential for Newcastle to be a major force again is there and Carrier Bay Mike is standing in the way of that. Dave Whelan was right about him all those years ago.

• Paid Members

Some of the names being chucked around aren’t surprising, but I think the most interesting of the bunch are Jose, Keane and Gatusso.

I’d love to see Gatusso managing over here. When he left his Milan job he refused a big leaving pay off from the club and asked he paid it to his training staff instead. He’d do a world of good for teams requiring a more disciplined defence.

However,  that wasn’t the major issue for Newcastle last season. Their goalS against wasn’t that bad in the scheme of things, they lacked Gary Goals more than anything else (bar the last game of the season).

That said, I can’t for 1 second believe Jose is interested in Newcastle, especially given his relationship with owners of clubs in general.

Keane quit his job the day before, but I don’t think he’s the answer either.

Out of the favourites, I hope they do go for Gatusso and give him a shot. In a perfect world Ashley will fuck off and Shearer would be willing to assist Gatusso.

More chance of Vince McMahon fucking off the XFL to go on the pull with Beardsley.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

When he left his Milan job he refused a big leaving pay off from the club and asked he paid it to his training staff instead. 

Wonderful stuff. I love Rino.

So, it remains silly season at Newcastle regarding the managers job. Everyone from Wenger and Mourinho to some no mark from the MLS have been mentioned in the last few days.

The interesting names that keep popping up, to me at least, are Mikel Arteta and Giovanni Von Bronckhurst. Von Bronckhurst has a good track record in Holland, for what it's worth, and certainly played for some excellent coaches and Arteta knows the league inside out and again has worked in some excellent systems. Newcastle would be a rough first 'proper' job though, especially in the current climate.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Newcastle would be a rough first 'proper' job though, especially in the current climate.

It really would, wouldn't it? Perhaps he's sadistic enough to want the challenge, but fuck that. The Newcastle role is such an unattractive one right now. The squad needs bolstering massively and the owner isn't going to help out with that. If the sale goes through, all of a sudden it could become the most intriguing and sought after role in the Premier League.