Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I don't think you'll be able to sign players. FIFA said a month or so ago that the ban will remain intact even if you appeal, and they took the same stance the last time this happened (when Atletico appealed their transfer ban). They temporarily lifted the ban with previous appears (Chelsea, Barca) but a new precedent has been set with their stance on Atletico last time around.

You're right that we won't be able to sign players but it's because we haven't put in a request to freeze the ban. From the pretty good WeAintGotNoHistory

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) have today officially confirmed that Chelsea have filed an appeal against the two-window transfer ban imposed upon the club by FIFA and then subsequently upheld by the FIFA Appeals Committee.

However, as discussed before, the appeal of the transfer ban doesn’t automatically freeze the transfer ban itself. Chelsea would have to submit a separate request for that, which apparently we have not done. This was confirmed by CAS to Football.London this morning as well.

“For a challenged decision to be stayed during the CAS proceedings, a specific request to this effect must be made. At the time of writing (June 7), a request has not been filed in the Chelsea/FIFA matter. Accordingly, the FIFA decision remains in force.”

-CAS statement; source: Football.London

As reported earlier this week, Chelsea's hesitance to ask for the appeal to be frozen stems from the fear that the ban could be extended to three windows, instead of just two, if the appeal is deemed frivolous — i.e. just a ploy to circumvent the punishment by signing as many players in the one window as possible. (Ed.note: which it certainly would be.)

And so, the status quo remains. Chelsea could still file for the ban to be frozen — and CAS could decide to freeze it of their own accord as well — but neither of those possibilities are looking likely at the moment.

Are you sure about the Athletico case? If we're on about the ban that expired last year, they were still able to sign players the prior Summer while it went through CAS. I don't see what FIFA  have to do with it at this point because we're appealing their decision to a separate body.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Are you sure about the Athletico case? If we're on about the ban that expired last year, they were still able to sign players the prior Summer while it went through CAS.

You're right, I'm mixing it up with something else. I might, somehow, be likening it to how Real managed to get their ban halved (or effectively overturned, as they were only banned for the Jan window) whereas Atletico's still stood. I'm sure somebody had a transfer ban last summer and couldn't have it delayed even if they appealed?

Interesting that you have decided not to request a freeze on the ban, but makes sense if it could potentially mean an extended ban.

I think the Chelsea squad is fascinating. If a young progressive manager is given some time (such as Frank) starting with this season, they could really lay the groundwork for a strong side for years to come. Use this season to embed young players and give them as many first team opportunities in the league and Champions League as possible, and they should be better off long-term for it.

Edit- also, what's the deal with your loan (i.e. on loan AT the club last season) players? I read that there is a loophole that will allow you to sign Kovacic for next season due to a registration crossover, however it looks like the same can't apply for Higuain.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Edit- also, what's the deal with your loan (i.e. on loan AT the club last season) players? I read that there is a loophole that will allow you to sign Kovacic for next season due to a registration crossover, however it looks like the same can't apply for Higuain.

Yep, we're in the bizarre situation where the only senior player on the planet who we can sign is Kovacic! At least that means there is a 0% chance of Higuain coming back. 

Great. Coventry are playing at Birmingham next season. We haven’t been promoted or anything, it’s our home ground for next season. Fuck these shower of cunts who have ruined our club. SISU are the worst obviously but the council aren’t without blame. 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Duke said:

Watch Tammy get loaned out now 

chance.PNG

(... when he said he'd come back he probably meant when he was 37, but who knows)

Edited by seph

I thought Chelsea could sign Higuin, not that I'd want to. 

I'm really excited by the transfer ban. It wouldn't stop me offloading at least a dozen players in and around the first team. I'd be looking to bring back Zouma, Tammy, Reece James and Mason Mount as squad players.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Peterborough have signed Niall Mason who Doncaster sacked after his conviction for sexual assault. What do you think? Live and let live or should a football club have more responsibility to not make a hero out of someone who's committed a despicable crime? I'm uncomfortable with it. Not a dig at Peterborough because we know someone would have signed him. Glad it's not my club.

The responses are mostly what you'd expect but not this Donny Rovers fan. She don't care...

image.png.09518c7e2b5f83c34b177f1c66c75d8f.png

I'll be following the 'Posh's fortunes for the next few years as my brother-in-law has signed for them. From what I can gather, their fans don't seem to care about his past "indiscretions"...

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I thought Chelsea could sign Higuin, not that I'd want to. 

I'm really excited by the transfer ban. It wouldn't stop me offloading at least a dozen players in and around the first team. I'd be looking to bring back Zouma, Tammy, Reece James and Mason Mount as squad players.

Completely behind this list. Add cho when he's back to full fitness (hopefully his previous standards) rlc (see above), christensen and pulisic, there's the makings of a good, young squad in there. Now we just need to keep a manager for more than a week to imprint a cohesive style and its an interesting future for Chelsea. 

Hell, give van ginkel a game. 

• Paid Members

The following could potentially be the spine of your side for the next several years:

GK: Kepa

CB: Rudiger, Ampadu

CM: RLC, Mount (Kante, although you never know he could end up moving on)

FW: Pulisic, CHO, Abraham

That's an exciting project to spearhead.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The following could potentially be the spine of your side for the next several years:

GK: Kepa

CB: Rudiger, Ampadu

CM: RLC, Mount (Kante, although you never know he could end up moving on)

FW: Pulisic, CHO, Abraham

That's an exciting project to spearhead.

Completely agree with this. A transfer ban might be a huge blessing in disguise for Chelsea if they give the likes of Mount and Abraham a go and they step up.

• Paid Members

Former Tottenham defender and current Orient manager Justin Edinburgh has died aged 49. Was taken ill having returned to England Monday after being in Spain for the final. 

Was reading a story where Orient had given an update on his condition being stable when my phone sent a breaking news message about it. 

Absolutely tragic news. Young guy, had just got Orient back into the league and had a definite higher management career ahead of him. 

Two kids around my age as well. No idea how I'd cope with that at this age.