Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Eriksen's a fantastic player. I was gutted when United didn't sign him. Spurs fans are going through the classic stages of delusional downplay.

It was like when United sold Ronaldo, scores of United fans were all, "Oh he's peaked now anyway, he'll never do *that* again!" That went well.

• Paid Members

Chelsea have decided to appeal the transfer ban (eventually), so we can sign players assuming precedent is followed and it's frozen during the appeal. 

Relieved at that because the idea of this squad with another new manager - Hazard -CHO and RLC is grim. Of course, the hilarious option for everyone elese would be if they fast track the appeal and we then get slapped with another window ban for a spurious appeal...

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Chelsea have decided to appeal the transfer ban (eventually), so we can sign players assuming precedent is followed and it's frozen during the appeal. 

Relieved at that because the idea of this squad with another new manager - Hazard -CHO and RLC is grim. Of course, the hilarious option for everyone elese would be if they fast track the appeal and we then get slapped with another window ban for a spurious appeal...

Is Hudson-Odoi's injury that bad? Because he's about to sign a new contract isn't he?

Fucking England. Proving that it never pays to get too excited about our chances. I like the way we try and play football (now) and it's the right thing to do but why do we always have braindead fuckers like Walker and Stones to cock things up. And as much as I love him, Wreck it Ralph was doing his best to join them last night. Midfield was atrocious but as soon as I saw Delph-Rice-Barkley as a three, I expected that anyway.

I blame UEFA. Putting them finals on six months after the end of the season. Mugs.

Why does the Nations league have a 3rd place game? UEFA don't normally do them, there isn't one in the Euros for instance, or the Champions League for that matter. It's normally a FIFA thing, for the World Cup I can accept it but they have one for the Confederations Cup and the World Club Championship which is just stupid IMO. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Is Hudson-Odoi's injury that bad? Because he's about to sign a new contract isn't he?

Ruptured achilles, so at best August/September, but that's optimistic. More than that, it's the sort of injury that can take a long time to come back from fully, so God knows when he'll be (and if he'll be) back to his best. 

About the only good part of it is that it does mean he's likely now to renew though. I'm guessing Bayern have lost a bit of interest.

10 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Why does the Nations league have a 3rd place game? UEFA don't normally do them, there isn't one in the Euros for instance, or the Champions League for that matter. It's normally a FIFA thing, for the World Cup I can accept it but they have one for the Confederations Cup and the World Club Championship which is just stupid IMO. 

As well as the Nations Leagues finals this weekend  there is also Euro 2020 qualifiers. I think the logic is that if the teams were not competing in the Nations League then they would have had two matches over the weekend. The Nations League finalists are all in a group of 5 while all the other groups have six teams so it would accommodate for this weekend.

It is a bit hard to arrange an international friendly with 72 hours notice so I am guessing that explains the 3rd place playoff.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Because they're shite. Mussolini invented the 3rd place playoff to squeeze a bit of extra cash from the World Cup in 1934. Its a waste of everyone's time. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

Peterborough have signed Niall Mason who Doncaster sacked after his conviction for sexual assault. What do you think? Live and let live or should a football club have more responsibility to not make a hero out of someone who's committed a despicable crime? I'm uncomfortable with it. Not a dig at Peterborough because we know someone would have signed him. Glad it's not my club.

The responses are mostly what you'd expect but not this Donny Rovers fan. She don't care...

image.png.09518c7e2b5f83c34b177f1c66c75d8f.png

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

I don't think you'll be able to sign players. FIFA said a month or so ago that the ban will remain intact even if you appeal, and they took the same stance the last time this happened (when Atletico appealed their transfer ban). They temporarily lifted the ban with previous appears (Chelsea, Barca) but a new precedent has been set with their stance on Atletico last time around.