PowerButchi

Domestos Football 19/20. Sponsored by another season of Wrexham mediocrity.

Three goals disallowed for the mighty Sky Blues of St Andrews, three.  Fair fucks to the Bolton youngsters but two of them were certain goals.  I reckon they were gifted that point.

2 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

What a moment for Daniel James that goal was. Couldn't help but smile at seeing how much it meant to him when he scored. Seems like a great lad as well.

Its great news for Wales. We have three of the most exciting young forward talents in Europe in Brooks, Wilson and James and its greqt to see them playing PL football. At the same team in the case of Brooks and Wilson. 

10 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Its great news for Wales. We have three of the most exciting young forward talents in Europe in Brooks, Wilson and James and its greqt to see them playing PL football. At the same team in the case of Brooks and Wilson. 

Yeah, it's not a bad looking future at all for their team. It's a shame Woodburn stalled a bit the prior year, through a combination of injuries and a lack of playing time. With us losing Sturridge I could've easily seen him slot into the 3rd choice spot we seem to have given to Brewster if he'd had a good year at Sheffield United. Hopefully he gets a good season in at Oxford this year.

Edited by AdamTH17

I don't think Woodburn will make it. If he spent less time in the bars of Wrexham the past few seasosn he might have had a better chance but he seems to have regressed over the past two seasons since he exploded on the scene for Wales and to a lesser extent Liverpool - he couldn't get a look in at the blades last season. Apparently Klopp likes him but friends inform me he wasn't fit this pre season (take from that what you will) . Sounds like last chance corral for me. Mind you at least Klopp didn't outright try and sell him like he did with Wilson and Wilson is the better prospect if you ask me and Woodburn finished 2nd in Golden Boy voting again so maybe or probably coaches know sonething I dont. Hopefully him being in Oxford away from around  here will do him good. 

Edited by PowerButchi

6 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Apparently Klopp likes him but friends inform me he wasn't fit this pre season

Thanks for that, TildeDai.

Just now, PowerButchi said:

I don't think Woodburn will make it. If he spent less time in the bars of Wrexham the past few seasosn he might have had a better chance but he seems to have regressed over the past two seasons since he exploded on the scene for Wales and to a lesser extent Liverpool he couldn't get a look in at the blades last season. Apparently Klopp likes him but friends inform me he wasn't fit this pre season. Sounds like last chance corral for me. Mind you at least Klopp didn't putright try and sell him likehe did with Wilson and Wilson ia the better prospect if you ask me. 

Yeah, he's certainly 4th choice behind Brewster at the minute, who Klopp is really high on. He's dropped down another level down to League One now, so it might very well be make or break. If he stays fit, he's only got himself to blame if he can't make a difference at that level if he wants to get a look in next year. Still only 19, so won't write him off just yet.

And yeah, Wilson is a weird one. I was sure he'd be staying over this summer based on his form for Derby last season, I thought that alone would be enough to merit his inclusion in our squad, and it's even stranger considering how short we are of options out wide. Besides Salah and Mane, we don't really have a proper out and out winger unless we shove Origi/Shaqiri out there, which is where you'd presume he'd slot in. We were open to selling him according to some reports, which I hope isn't true. Deserves a run of games in our first team at the very least.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Thanks for that, TildeDai.

Hahaha fuck off. We know the same folk, old man. And apparently he said in Penny Black's that you touch yourself at night. 

#itk

Edited by PowerButchi

11 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

And yeah, Wilson is a weird one. I was sure he'd be staying over this summer based on his form for Derby last season, I thought that alone would be enough to merit his inclusion in our squad, and it's even stranger considering how short we are of options out wide. Besides Salah and Mane, we don't really have a proper out and out winger unless we shove Origi/Shaqiri out there, which is where you'd presume he'd slot in. We were open to selling him according to some reports, which I hope isn't true. Deserves a run of games in our first team at the very least.

He's great out wide but his real strength is through the middle as a false 9. Was brilliant through the middle for Derby last season and lost a bit when Mount came in and he'd go on the right. Shame as I thought him amd fellow local lad Tom Lawrence (massively underrated player btw) would have had a better understanding on tbe wings 

Edited by PowerButchi

I think Wilson is every bit the Premier League player but for whatever reason Klopp doesn't see him as a fit for us. Maybe he see's him as a bit unorthodox to how we play and he already has Shaqiri taking up one slot so didn't fancy carrying them both. Wilson has more to gain and a potentially bigger upside so I'm happy he wasn't sold but I think it's just an exercise in maximizing our asset before we do sell. Same as Grujic.

7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

TomÔĽŅ Lawrence (massively underrated player btw)

I watched Derby beat Huddersfield last week and he ran the show. In addition to the 2 nice goals he scored, he controlled the game and was often a threat. Really stood out.

Edited by PunkStep

Sneijder retires. End of an era. No Sneijder to United transfer links anymore :(

Edited by Murtz

Had a great season with him at Ajax in FM07, won the Champions League with himself scoring a free from the edge of the box against Inter to clinch it. Then the board flogged him to Barca for £30 million, breaking my and lots of imaginary Dutch people's hearts.

I know there is a porridge wog thread but this is Phil Thompson-esque.

Adrian's been crocked by one of our celebrating fans doing a massive slide tackle to celebrate winning the Super Cup, meaning he's a genuine doubt for tomorrow. I wish I was joking.

Step forth, Ser Lonergan - though at the rate our defence has been going so far this season we'd probably ship a couple anyway.