Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, Brentford-QPR at the weekend. Was great. 

OK cheers. We've got that one coming up, in case I want to flagellate a weekend away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

 

I remember when he was our big, marque signing a few years back. He turned up about 7 stone over weight, got injured in his first friendly that kept him out until Christmas. He then came off the bench to make his debut, only to be booked 30 seconds later and not touch the ball for the rest of the game, before dissapearing and never been seen at the club again. Happy days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I remember when he was our big, marque signing a few years back. He turned up about 7 stone over weight, got injured in his first friendly that kept him out until Christmas. He then came off the bench to make his debut, only to be booked 30 seconds later and not touch the ball for the rest of the game, before dissapearing and never been seen at the club again. Happy days!

We had a very similar experience with his countryman Amr Zaki when we were in the PL the first time. He'd been living well, shall we say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored a winner against West Ham, upset that Tory Campbell, Spurs cult hero.

But seriously, he was alright at Spurs and was well liked, but you could tell that he really didn’t care too much about football, bit like Assou-Ekotto (bet those players got away with murder under Jol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

We had a very similar experience with his countryman Amr Zaki when we were in the PL the first time. He'd been living well, shall we say.

Amr Zaki! My God I completely forgot about him. He had a superb half season in the Premier League within someone didn't he? I want to say Wigan but I think it was before they reached the PL.

Didn't Mido play for a Premier League club for free away one point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was Wigan, he was heavily linked to us back when we'd turn average players performing slightly avove average in to really shit players for fun.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

It was Wigan, he was heavily linked to us back when we'd turn average players performing slightly avove average in to really shit players for fun.

Charlie-Adam-Liverpool-F365.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

It was Wigan, he was heavily linked to us back when we'd turn average players performing slightly avove average in to really shit players for fun.

That short period between 1991 and 2013?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even when signing Pepe Reina, Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso, Momo, Mascherano and Torres we'd still find room for Pennant or be heavily linked to Lucas Neill and Lee Cattermole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was only thinking about it yesterday, funnily enough, when Mark Kennedy was named Macclesfield manager. saw an article with Jimmy Carter (not the president) last week too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I often think about the time after the 2002 world cup, in which Ireland had played pretty well and pushed Spain very close in the last 16, after the tournament, Barcelona were linked with a move for Gary Breen who'd happened to have a good tournament. that will never not be funny to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently failed a medical at Inter that summer. Remember him being touted as having his pick of all the big European clubs only to end up at West Ham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...