Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Can I get into the mind of Garth? No, because I never read or listen to him.

Just had a look at the team. It's like one of those shitty stat based teams you see pop up where scoring massively skews it. Only two outfielders in his team didn't score.

Oh Rick, how have you gone this long without seeing his Team of the Week?

As I said, it's usually much worse. He likes to opt for a 3-4-3. The back 3 will include three goalscoring defenders/attacking full backs, his front three will generally be out and out strikers and his midfield usually full of goalscoring inverted wingers. It'll look like this more often than not:

Ederson or Allison

TAA / Laporte / Walker

Salah / Sterling / Mane / Mahrez

Kane / Aguero / Wayne Rooney

On 6/17/2019 at 11:49 AM, Gus Mears said:

I don't understand why some fans think this season is going to be anything other than a disaster. Our best player has gone and we can't replace him, and we're about to probably appoint someone with one year of good but hardly exceptional managerial experience. The idea that Lampard is going to galvanise a dressing room full of mercenaries who have downed tools for better managers in the past doesn't wash with me. Despite it making complete sense, this won't be viewed as a free pass season with the board, so if Lampard finishes 8th, he's probably still going to get fired. 

That issue of this season not being a free pass negates the idea that we'll just integrate 5 youth players next season and it will all be hunky-dory. Even if we do, it isn't Football Manager, and putting in a bunch of prospects who have never played against bigger opposition than 2018/19 Villa while attempting to finish 4th seems completely unrealistic. We also can't sign anyone on the planet apart from Matteo Kovacic and two of the brightest young stars who have already been integrated (RLC and CHO) have had terrible injuries. Our forwards blow and we're relying on Tammy Abraham being ready to lead the line at Champions League level. Maybe some of this will pan out, perhaps Reece James is Philip Lahm mk2 and Frank Lampard is Guardiola mk2, but I think we finish 6th-7th, Lampard gets fired for Allegri next year and we go back to pissing money up the wall haphazardly. 

This post hasn't aged well.

• Paid Members

This one on the other hand is right on the money #Consistency 

On 8/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, Gus Mears said:

Top Six: Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Spurs , Everton

Relegated:  Newcastle, Brighton, Bournemouth

Champions League:  Chelsea 

Top Scorer:  Tammy Abraham 

Player of the season:  Christian Pulisic

Young player of the season: Mason Mount/Reece James co-winners.

Best signing: New signing Matteo Kovacic

Biggest flop: Anyone United have signed 

First sacking: Brian Potter 

Surprise package: Chelsea 

Which Brexit relic manager will be back in the PL by Easter?:  Allardyce to somewhere in November 

Will Glenn McGrath predict Australia to win 5-0? Yes

• Paid Members

It was mental in the Summer how so many people had us, not just behind Arsenal and (lol) Moyeskjaer's United, but unable to even dream of competing with them! I have no idea what squads they were looking at? I was very sceptical about our firepower, especially after Tammy took the #9, which is normally tantamount to spending your pre-season training on an Indian burial ground, but beyond that we clearly had at worst a well functioning team. I think the last few months of Sarri's system (that needed Hazard, CHO and RLC to brute-force chances to create anything) unfairly influenced people.

I still fucking hate Chelsea (Fucking hate Chelsea fucking hate Chelseeeeaaaa), but it’s subsided so much that I quite enjoy watching them these days and last nights game was pure BANTZ and I was quite pleased they clawed that back.

Still a bunch of slags though.

• Paid Members

I said a thousand times that the Chelsea job this season is fascinating and that they'd do a lot better than people are expecting. It must be exciting as a fan seeing a club legend at the helm, playing decent football and giving countless opportunities to young players. Not that you deserve good things, though. 

Meanwhile, we made 500+ passes against some Portuguese farmers today and only one of them was into their area. EMERYBALL~

So great to see Son bounce back with two goals tonight after his traumatic visit to Goodison on Sunday and what a thrill it'll be seeing him play this weekend getting over it further, meanwhile that nasty Andre Gomes will have to make do with sitting at home with his ankle in a cast thinking about how much he upset the guy last weekend

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

So great to see Son bounce back with two goals tonight after his traumatic visit to Goodison on Sunday and what a thrill it'll be seeing him play this weekend getting over it further, meanwhile that nasty Andre Gomes will have to make do with sitting at home with his ankle in a cast thinking about how much he upset the guy last weekend

Football would be brilliant if it wasn't for the supporters.