Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

Was at the Man City Vs Wolves game yesterday with my son's football team. Game was rubbish, City were especially poor and there was no atmosphere whatsoever. The biggest selling scarf outside the ground was one of those horrible 50/50 efforts and the food inside was overpriced shite.

If that's English football, you can keep it. Celtic vs Cluj on Thursday was on a different planet entirely in terms of authenticity.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

If that's English football, you can keep it. Celtic vs Cluj on Thursday was on a different planet entirely in terms of authenticity.

If you want to consider a competition designed to fleece that extra bit of cash out of fans of teams that are nowhere near the elite level of football by making them start their seasons a month before it should, and make them play unnecessary 'group football’ games as that yields more games for television rights money, and cause said teams to have to continually play on Sunday or Monday rather than the age old customed Saturday, just to force games in after the elite have played, as authentic... You go right ahead. 

But I think youre mistaking your comparison with actually comparing 'Modern day' against 'Archaic' when it comes to English and Scottish football. 

I chose Celtic vs Cluj as an example because it was the most recent game is been to before yesterday. I'd happily offer up Celtic vs Hearts as a comparison in the same way.

The away support yesterday were pretty good in spells but that's the case with every club's travelling support as it's the loyal core who travel to games away from home.

• Paid Members

Chelsea home atmosphere is dire 75% of the time and on both occasions I went last year and sat near the Matthew Harding lower (ostensibly the bit with good home support) it was still rubbish. I'm rarely at more than 2/3 games a season, but Chelsea vs PSG when Demba Ba scored a late winner was the last time I remember a brilliant atmosphere from start to finish and that was 5 years ago.

Going to watch Swindon Town play a dozen times in 2019 has done more to rekindle my love of football than anything Chelsea related in a long time.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Ralphy said:

As a black country lad born and bred and a supporter of a "family" type club in WBA, i can say that on my visits to "big clubs" such as united, Arsenal (emirates and high bury) and spurs (at WHL) seem to yield poor atmosphere and overpriced food and drink, for some reason the more supporters, the lesser the atmosphere, i feel the expectation for results in every game fueled by the amount of cash the supporters know the clubs have spent, can cause this. 

I feel much more connected to WBA than i would if i supported a team such as City, difficult to explain why

edit - ticket prices are also and issue, however it wouldnt be fair to blame just PL teams, as a ticket vs Leeds at elland road would of cost me £39 if i went, and this is at championship level

Nail on the head. And Bristol is testing those waters, even though the East End -re-christened Section 82 -  is doing a great job with new songs (about Massengo's haircut and wanting to get cucked by Kasey Palmer :D ). They've jacked up the beer prices to near London standards and there's a greater disconnect between the upper heirarchy of the club and the supporters - there's no SLO from what's gathered, for example.

I would still take the PL though. Even if it lasted just one season.

• Paid Members

Not necessarily, there are plenty of artists and bands that are more suited to playing arenas and stadiums. Small venues give you intimacy, true, but I’ve been to gigs where the stage show is as much part of the gig as the music.

I'm not surprised the atmosphere at a Celtic game is better than a City game. Celtic and Rangers are the biggest games for most teams they play, outside of local rivalries. City, despite being really good at football still don't carry that aura of a big club. Are they still struggling to sell out Champions League games?

Throw in that souless corporate factor that Liverpool, City, United etc attract and it's only really box office games the fans turn it up for. 

• Paid Members

I remember hearing Sean Lock tell a story about his dad moving to the South Coast and getting a season ticket to see the local team Havant and Waterlooville. "it's brilliant, you get a cup of tea and they give it to you in a proper mug!"  He turned up at the beginning of a new season, bought a tea and was given a paper cup.

"What's this?" he asked. 

"We got promoted, the new league has got regulations".

"I hope you get relegated" 

Edited by gmoney

• Moderators
7 hours ago, gmoney said:

I remember hearing Sean Lock tell a story about his dad moving to the South Coast and getting a season ticket to see the local team Havant and Waterlooville. "it's brilliant, you get a cup of tea and they give it to you in a proper mug!"  He turned up at the beginning of a new season, bought a tea and was given a paper cup.

"What's this?" he asked. 

"We got promoted, the new league has got regulations".

"I hope you get relegated" 

When Wrexham phased out polystyrene cupped coffee for nescafe it's all been down hill. 

But being honest I don't see at a PL level how you can have the self loathing, fight amongst yourselves at a Meet The Manager night, at the same time being indignant at the club for letting the Disabled Supporters Association stop working, I dunno...

Just real football and community has a feel you can't get anywhere else. On Saturday go and support your local boys. 

Support Non League as the experience pisses on full time football. 

Edited by PowerButchi