Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Thanks for that, TildeDai.

Hahaha fuck off. We know the same folk, old man. And apparently he said in Penny Black's that you touch yourself at night. 

#itk

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

And yeah, Wilson is a weird one. I was sure he'd be staying over this summer based on his form for Derby last season, I thought that alone would be enough to merit his inclusion in our squad, and it's even stranger considering how short we are of options out wide. Besides Salah and Mane, we don't really have a proper out and out winger unless we shove Origi/Shaqiri out there, which is where you'd presume he'd slot in. We were open to selling him according to some reports, which I hope isn't true. Deserves a run of games in our first team at the very least.

He's great out wide but his real strength is through the middle as a false 9. Was brilliant through the middle for Derby last season and lost a bit when Mount came in and he'd go on the right. Shame as I thought him amd fellow local lad Tom Lawrence (massively underrated player btw) would have had a better understanding on tbe wings 

Edited by PowerButchi

I think Wilson is every bit the Premier League player but for whatever reason Klopp doesn't see him as a fit for us. Maybe he see's him as a bit unorthodox to how we play and he already has Shaqiri taking up one slot so didn't fancy carrying them both. Wilson has more to gain and a potentially bigger upside so I'm happy he wasn't sold but I think it's just an exercise in maximizing our asset before we do sell. Same as Grujic.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Tom Lawrence (massively underrated player btw)

I watched Derby beat Huddersfield last week and he ran the show. In addition to the 2 nice goals he scored, he controlled the game and was often a threat. Really stood out.

Edited by PunkStep

Had a great season with him at Ajax in FM07, won the Champions League with himself scoring a free from the edge of the box against Inter to clinch it. Then the board flogged him to Barca for £30 million, breaking my and lots of imaginary Dutch people's hearts.

Adrian's been crocked by one of our celebrating fans doing a massive slide tackle to celebrate winning the Super Cup, meaning he's a genuine doubt for tomorrow. I wish I was joking.

Step forth, Ser Lonergan - though at the rate our defence has been going so far this season we'd probably ship a couple anyway.

Three games, we've already lost one final, Klopp out!

I've not checked but l bet there's a good proportion of fans blaming the board for the injury 'crisis'. Liverpool are traditionally slow starters and strong finishers (my guess is most teams with a squad of internationals usually are)so the moment we drop points I'm expecting people to look at our transfer inactivity and start moaning anyway.

11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You've played two games.

And? Two games is still enough to go off. Three if you include our game against City. More if you include our pre-season. 

It's hardly some huge revelation. It's pretty clear to anyone who's watched us that our defence has been far from watertight so far.

• Paid Members

Why didn't Kane play today?

On 8/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, AdamTH17 said:

Two games is still enough to go off.

I don't think it is. Anyway, they looked better defensively today. They're definitely playing with a much higher line so far, but maybe that's tactical in response to VAR coming into play? All teams are going to have to change the way they play, much like they did when the backpass rule came into play.

48 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Why didn't Kane play today?

I don't think it is. Anyway, they looked better defensively today. They're definitely playing with a much higher line so far, but maybe that's tactical in response to VAR coming into play? All teams are going to have to change the way they play, much like they did when the backpass rule came into play.

I think we looked better today at the back, but that wasn't helped by our midfield trio allowing Southampton absolutely free reign to press us and dictate the game for the first 40 minutes. Set pieces from 35-40 yards out we seem to be dealing with alright through the high line like you mentioned, though I can see it catching us out eventually. Despite Matip and Adrian's best efforts, pleased to see us leave with 3 points. 

Further proves the incredible standard City have set when it's their first dropped points since January.