Well what a load of bollocks. 

A player goes for a header using his arms naturally to gain leverage in the lift, the ball passes him and he's now no longer looking at it. 

Another player heads the ball which hits the first players arm. 

Even by the new rules I am failing to see how that is handball. 

We were given assurances that ball to hand would not result in penalties this season in the Premier League, apparently that rule doesn't work the other way. 

I am all for VAR, but subjectivity needs to be knocked on the head once and for all. 

4 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Even by the new rules I am failing to see how that is handball. 

Wow, fair enough, it's still absolutely ridiculous and needs sorting out. 

Ball to hand should never be handball, as the FA themselves have admitted in the case of defenders, shouldn't work differently in different circumstances. 

All handballs should be handball without exception. This hand to ball / ball to hand bollocks has gone on way too long.

21 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

All handballs should be handball without exception. This hand to ball / ball to hand bollocks has gone on way too long.

I'd prefer that to ball to hand being acceptable for defenders but not for an attacking team. That's just fucking illogical. 

I personally think the law should be as simple as if the hand or arm makes a movement to contact the ball it's handball. 

That has the be the least star-studded Man Utd vs Chelsea game is decades.

Decent win for Utd though, and they’ve got some decent young players in their squad. Maguire had an excellent game, so already proving my predictions wrong.

1 minute ago, Teedy Kay said:

I'd prefer that to ball to hand being acceptable for defenders but not for an attacking team. That's just fucking illogical. 

I personally think the law should be as simple as if the hand or arm makes a movement to contact the ball it's handball. 

But the hand or arm can make a movement accidentally or deliberately. Devon’s right, all handballs should be penalised. 

Chelsea were pretty good in the first half but just fell apart in the second. Some superb counter attack goals killed them off.

Mourinho was quite good at punditry I thought.. once you get used to the monotone voice. It was quite funny seeing him next to Souness who spent most of last year criticising him.

United do have a much better base to now play a counter-attacking game. I have my major doubts about Maguire but if he does well, then that back four is a much more reliable base to soak up pressure. Trying to do that with losers like Jones, Smalling and Young is suicidal. But that lack of a killer holding midfielder is going to really damage United at some point this season and it was utter stupidity to not hold on to Herrera or get him replaced.

I'm all for the 'every hand ball is penalized' rule. Imagine the spectacle when Luis Suarez is through on goal, stops and turns around then belts it at the chasing defenders arm. 

What a moment for Daniel James that goal was. Couldn't help but smile at seeing how much it meant to him when he scored. Seems like a great lad as well.

Bloody Jamie Carragher overload on Sky this weekend. Out on the pitch at the awkward standing desk, in the studio messing about with the touchscreen shite, interviewing players with his giant microphone and then doing commentary as well. Sick of the chap already.

Edited by DCW