Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Blimey, looks like Arsenal are about to sign Nicolas Pepe for €80m. Didn't think for a moment we'd pull this one off when it was first rumoured months ago, and the noise seemed to die down a lot and we were focused on Zaha and Everton Soares instead. Some claim we've also finally reached an agreement with Celtic over Tierney too.

Something something £45m budget

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I haven't either. He's a couple of years younger than Zaha and was only outscored by Mbappe in Ligue 1 last year- 22 league goals is very good going for a winger.

Zaha moving to Everton after all this would be funny.

• Paid Members

I haven't got a clue what side we'll put out, I imagine it will be heavily rotated on a regular basis.

We have two top class strikers and can't play them together all the time. We have a few CMs who all require game time. Our right back is still out for a while and our best back-up option is better suited as a wing back rather than full back (see also Kolasinac). Ozil doesn't do away days. Iwobi is clearly better in the middle and therefore nobody is really suited to the left wing. Mustafi is still at the club and Koscielny will surely be on his way out. We have quite a few decent youngsters coming through.

We're suffering a bit from the kind of imbalance United have suffered with for the past 5 years. It's going to be a big challenge for Emery to find a way for this to work.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Blimey, looks like Arsenal are about to sign Nicolas Pepe for €80m. Didn't think for a moment we'd pull this one off when it was first rumoured months ago, and the noise seemed to die down a lot and we were focused on Zaha and Everton Soares instead. Some claim we've also finally reached an agreement with Celtic over Tierney too.

Something something £45m budget

Celtic have a fan festival going in this weekend. Pretty much every first team player has been there except KT. Popular opinion seems to be that a deal is done and if he doesn't appear tomorrow then it's all but certain.

Absolute robbery at £25m too but he needs to go and play at that level. 

Hasn’t Tierney only managed 40 games in two seasons? 25 million on a player with hips made of quavers is poor transfer targeting from arsenal, surely more reliable players are out there 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Hasn’t Tierney only managed 40 games in two seasons? 25 million on a player with hips made of quavers is poor transfer targeting from arsenal, surely more reliable players are out there 

95 games in two seasons (that's all competitions- 53 league games). For £25m you'd be hard pressed to find a quality LB in this market.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

unnecessary winger

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

he's not a defender or a central midfielder so what's the fucking point.

We're in desperate need for width and have been for years. Other than Reiss Nelson, we don't have natural width. Iwobi is better through the middle, Mkhi is shit out wide, AMN is probably a CM more than anything. We spent years playing Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla out of position out wide.

That said, we HAVE to sign a decent CB this window. If we don't, we can forget about progressing. I don't think we'll sign another central midfielder, we're well stocked there with Ceballos now in. I count 7 central midfielders for 2 positions (I expect a couple will move on- Elneny being one) then Ozil, Iwobi and Mkhi for the advanced midfield role.

Edited by PunkStep