Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

More podcast chat (as literally no one seems to give a shit that football is back soon, and quite rightly), today the first episode of Vincera which covers Italia 90 was released, and whilst the tournament has been spoken about and written about to death (it's quite frankly overkill sometimes), the host Mark Godfrey (who used to run The Football Pink, which was an excellent fanzine) is very good, and the guests Pete Davies, Simon Hart and Adam Hurrey are all incredibly knowledgeable about the tournament.

Just listened to the preview episode. Thanks for the tip, this is exactly the kind of shite that I love.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Chelsea have signed Ziyech from Ajax and agreed a deal for Werner. They still want Chilwell and now fancy Havertz.

The game is terrified over the financial outcome of the Corona aids and Abramovich is ready to shit pound notes onto everyone from a great height. Incredible shithousing.

"Plucky underdogs" from earlier on in the season Chelsea there. So ruddy, bloody brave playing their young homegrown players and then carrying on the investment into it.

Apparently he just bought Edvard Munch's Scream for $120m as well.

Maybe he'll loan it to Vitesse Arnhem.

• Paid Members

Odoi, Mount and Abraham should consider their options. Abraham is surely going to miss a significant amount of regular football after the Werner signing at a time where he needs to be playing regularly. If they sign Havertz then you have him, Ziyech and Pulisic as main contenders to play either side of/behind Werner. Mount & Odoi could well be back-up too.

Chelsea are doing the right thing and should help us having to stop hearing about them using young talent from the academy and how Lampard is all for it, soon as they are able to spend, bring players in and try to compete at highest level, they go right for it. If the Werner deal goes through,really good singing to go on top off signing Zieych already. Havertz on top would be a statement and a half to everybody else.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I know this is probably naive but how the fuck will they sneak that one past FFP?

They sold Hazard for a fortune so if they've structured that deal and they structure the payments on these ones, I suspect a big chunk will account for the other.

• Paid Members

Predicting that Ziyech will be a flop. Moody fucker, 27 years old and still playing in Holland, has one really good season under his belt (and it wasn't this one), and not really an improvement on what Chelsea have.

Havertz though. Envious.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

@Keith Houchen is quietly wheeling around his front room I reckon.

Mackem & Brett are deeply worried about Sunderland, who've missed out on the playoffs on goal difference.

League Two has done the same thing with Swindon, Crewe & Plymouth going straight up and one of Cheltenham/Northampton/Colchester/Exeter to follow. The bottom is a huge question mark as although Stevenage is 3pts adrift Macclesfield may have more points docked for finance reasons.

• Moderators

They should also promote Wrexham to League Two, because. 

I was interested in the merging of league 2 and the national league and regionalisation. That'd be a big money saver for teams. 

• Paid Members

We thrive on chaos. Of course a global pandemic leads to us coming out on top.

We were always going to attempt to have a monster window this year but with competition who knows how well it would have went, I doubt we'd have got Werner, for starters. It's beautiful timing to rebuild now.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I know this is probably naive but how the fuck will they sneak that one past FFP?

The naivety is questioning why legitimately one of the biggest clubs commercially in the world, that come whenever the end of the next transfer window will have sold £200m+ worth of players since last summer will be able to actually spend some money. The naivety is only saying "where's FFP?" whenever Chelsea, City or PSG spend money, and not questioning why only one of the last two Neymar transfers was investigated (and it was the one where the buying team actually paid what they said they did!), Real are state sponsored, a fair wedge of Ronaldo's wage isn't coming out of Juve's accounts etc.

There's reports FFP will be relaxed for this season, anyway. Ironically meaning everyone's on a level playing field for the first time since it was introduced.

4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

They haven't spend the Hazard (£100m) or Morata (£60m) money yet.

Plus the transfer ban savings.

And Chelsea will probably sell Willian for about £60m as they always do well selling players.

Edited by Briefcase