Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

There was once a letter in the Coventry Evening Telegraph that was bemoaning the modern footballer and how out of touch they are with fans.  The writer cited an example of such, and I paraphrase. "Jimmy Greaves was playing at Highfield Road, when the half time whistle went, he ran over to the pub opposite, sank a pint, then ran back.  Now THATS someone in touch with fans!"  No sir, that's an alcoholic.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Broxbourne Civic Hall with Cliff Jones the Welsh Wing Wizard too?

That was it! There was a third guy as well but I can't for the life of me remember who so you're probably right. I reckon this mode been late 2001 come to think of it.

The great names I've seen at the Broxbourne Civic Hall. Jimmy Greaves, Chris Hamrick, Hale & Pace.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He's one of our own, he's one of our oooooown, Punky @PunkStephes one of our own.

An 8yo PunkStep also had a hand-made Nottingham Forest poster in his window for the '91 FA Cup final, because you're never too young for football rivalry petulance. 

• Moderators

Despite being a horrible fucking tory, Jimmy Greaves once verbally tore a massive strip off Gary Newbon on Centrals football coverage and Gary Newbon is possibly worse a person than Pol Pot, Ian Brady or Harry Kane. So I'll always let Greavsie off. 

EDIT: 

Edited by PowerButchi

I bought The Non League Paper this morning and had a good little read whilst having a poo.

Worrying news about BetVictor pulling their money from the Isthmian and Northern and Southern league's. I mean, fuck betting companies advertising but that's still big money.

Might add it to the weekly shop.

The deal to sell Newcastle to a consortium principally controlled by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, has apparently been agreed, just waiting on ratification by the relevant authorities (PL/FA).

Could not be more conflicted. This is the furthest along we've been to being free of Ashley and seeing some genuine ambition/investment in the club. That said, when it goes tits up, it'll be even worse, not that my heart isn't calloused to this by now. 

The other thing is the sale being to the Saudis. One of the reasons I stopped watching WWE was it's ropy political affiliations, the Saudi deal being part of that. Of course I'm typing this on my trusty Huawei phone so it's not like I've never turned a blind eye to that sort of thing before, but it's galling that Ashley would wait until he found a buyer even ropier than he is to play ball.

3 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Not fan owned community clubs.

Reveal hidden contents

Wrexham FC[\spoiler] 

I meant at the highest level (no disrespect).

There are plenty of wonderful clubs, including all 3 of my immediate local ones, who to be honest, I'd much rather give my money to.