Flair's out of hospital and he's shooting. Whooo. etc.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I was surprised he didn't drop the elbow on his jacket and bleed profusely.

I'm seriousness though, he can still cut a hell of a promo. If only they could teach what he and Dusty had at the performance centre.

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Find it sad. An old man trying to live the gimmick. I find it a harder watch than seeing him slum it in TNA.

Still got some fire in him though. Better promo than 90% of workers active today.

I'm the polar opposite. I don't find it sad at all. I am far from Flair's biggest fan, but I admire a 70+ year old man telling medical science to get straight to fuck. I never particularly enjoyed his gimmick to begin with, but I think the older he gets, I can't help but be amazed by his "I'LL NEVER CHANGE!!!! WOOOO!!!" attitude. He's lived his life - he's finished and past it. Allow him to delude himself into still believing he is the man.

• Paid Members

I think Flair's whole lifestyle stems from that plane crash. He probably thinks he dodged death then, and has lived every single day since as if it was never meant to be. Didn't he say on that Celebrity Wife Swap thing he did, "I've still got more money than I've got time"?

I'm also not entirely joking about him fighting Michaels - I think Flair promised Michaels his last match, felt guilty about coming out of retirement in TNA, and now that Michaels has had his Saudi Blood Money Comeback Match, Flair's working to redress the balance.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I think Flair's whole lifestyle stems from that plane crash. He probably thinks he dodged death then, and has lived every single day since as if it was never meant to be.

You can't blame him. He's been told that he'll never walk again, then goes on to win 16(ish) world titles. He's proven medicine wrong in the past, so he's got every reason to think he can do it again. 

• Paid Members

What's the point in him stopping at this juncture? He's in his 70's and already looks like bits of him are rotting. 'Well if he packs in the sauce now, he could make it to 76 instead of 74', he's here but by the grace of God anyway, trying to change everything now isn't likely to accomplish much.

51 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

What's the point in him stopping at this juncture? He's in his 70's and already looks like bits of him are rotting. 'Well if he packs in the sauce now, he could make it to 76 instead of 74', he's here but by the grace of God anyway, trying to change everything now isn't likely to accomplish much.

Maybe because, you know, his wife, kids and grandchildren would like him not to die. 

On 5/31/2019 at 3:50 PM, tiger_rick said:

Find it sad. An old man trying to live the gimmick.

Is it a gimmick though? Or is he just a crazy fucker who stumbled upon a way to make money and live the lifestyle? He's been involved in wrestling for close to 50 years now, which is a long time to be pretending, isn't it? 

He's on his fifth wife, went through various legal problems, filed for bankruptcy, failed business ventures, went through kidney failure, and he's got a heart condition related to alcoholism.

He isn't trying to live gimmick, he is the fucking gimmick.