UFC on ESPN: Ngannou vs Dos Santos - Jun 29 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I’d let him just wait for the winner of DC vs Stipe 2. That fight is only next month. I’d just wait a few weeks and let it play out before booking Ngannou. After back-to-back first round knockouts of Cain and JDS, throwing him in with anyone else now will just feel like a step backwards. And he’s more than earned another title shot. As long as the DC-Stipe winner comes out injury free, timing-wise I think Ngannou against the winner around Nov/Dec is a no brainer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

There's absolutely no way DC agrees to fight Ngannou in my opinion. Why would he? It's pretty easy for him to duck him without much impact to either the remainder of his career or his legacy. Why take the risk. 

• Paid Members

I don't see why he wouldn't, to be honest. He's shown he's not one to duck people, and if he's still talking about going after Jon Jones at 205, he won't duck Ngannou, who's in a sense a HW version of Rumble. More risk, sure, but Ngannou is a lot more winnable for DC than many of his opponents have been.

• Paid Members

Ngannou is the kind of guy DC would handle with relative ease in my opinion. He wouldnt wanna stand in front of him but DC has shown in the past that he handles these types of opponents pretty well.

• Paid Members

Absolutely he would, and I say that as a fan of Big Francis. He may have been working on his defensive wrestling, but when your opponent is a wrestler as good as DC, I don't know if what he's picked up thus far will plug up the gaping defensive flaws in his grappling game that have been exposed already. I'd like to believe that he's improved to give most other HWs a really hard time, but even then I still can't believe that a wrestler isn't going to be the worst kind of match-up for him.