Utterly shit adverts

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Those became Christmas "Events" that idiots look forward to every year.

There's someone in our office who gets far too excited and hyperactive about our Christmas adverts and "mascot" and I've seen it put a truly pained expression on people's faces more than once as they shout about it on and on and on to people too polite to tell him to fuck off. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Plusnet adverts with @Onyx2 in.

Those fucking Nationwide adverts where members of the public read their shit self-penned poems into their camera phone.

Some mate when you can't even remember that his name is Greg from the Halifax.

Posted Images

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

less than six weeks to wait! it's always a Thursday and this year Christmas starts on November 5th! 🎄

According to supermarket mince pie availability and a full aisle of decorations in B&M, Christmas started two weeks ago.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I agree with people saying it was the John Lewis Christmas ads that really pushed it into overkill in the advert world. Those became Christmas "Events" that idiots look forward to every year.

Over and above their political biases, the never-ending decline of their news output, and the historical noncing, the absolute worst thing about the BBC is that they report on this shit as a news story. Free advertising on the BBC, and all it took was a shitty acoustic cover of Wonderwall. Fuck right off.

This year's will end up being a lonely anthropomorphised coronavirus unwrapping a gift that turns out to be a laptop letting it Zoom chat with its adorable virus family, and no one will ever fucking shut up about it. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Statto said:

Those fucking Purple Bricks adverts with the woman annoying Olympic athletes you probably haven't heard of via video call are fucking dreadful.

They are awful, but I do think Alice is very attractive. 

On 9/25/2020 at 9:52 AM, air_raid said:

According to supermarket mince pie availability and a full aisle of decorations in B&M, Christmas started two weeks ago.

The Quality Street and selection boxes were out in big Tesco towards the end of August when I was doing the back to school shopping.