Utterly shit adverts

34 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Do musicians get any sense out of satisfaction from those twee slowed down versions of classic rock songs that go on car adverts? I’m bloody sick of that ‘Born To Be Wild’ cover that ITV Hub show five times every ad break during AEW.

Probably, when the publishing cheque comes in. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Plusnet adverts with @Onyx2 in.

Those fucking Nationwide adverts where members of the public read their shit self-penned poems into their camera phone.

Fucking this.  

Posted Images

• Paid Members

As if the Wannadies hadn't made enough money from You & Me Song featuring in almost every rom-com and compilation album around the turn of the century, somebody's done a twee cover of it for the latest O2 advert. 

• Paid Members

My gym plays a breathy twee hipster version of Born To Be Wild.

It's one of the worst things I've ever heard, and I'm not to totally convinced it's not a piss take as the one thing it doesn't convey is that the singer feels that they are not only wild, but were born to be so.

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

It's one of the worst things I've ever heard, and I'm not to totally convinced it's not a piss take as the one thing it doesn't convey is that the singer feels that they are not only wild, but were born to be so.

That's the one I was complaining about a few weeks ago when ITV Hub showed it four times a break during AEW. It's catastrophically bad!

@WyattSheepMask I would have blamed John Lewis for the rise of the Twee Cover. If their Christmas ads with Twee Covers hadn't become so popular you wouldn't have every other company trying to replicate it.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I've heard so many rants about this one. I haven't heard it myself, but I'm not surprised, given the breathy twee hipster versions of other songs. It's the current musical equivalent of "they're selling hippy wigs in Woolworths, man".

Just waiting for a breathy twee hipster version of Outhere Bros.' "Boom Boom Boom".