UFC Greenville: Moicano vs Zombie - Jun 22 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Jaysus Wand, are you hoping to kill off Zombie or Gaethje altogether? That's be pure insanity. I don't think it would be completely out of the realms of possibility either, as I've heard on some podcast or another that Gaethje doesn't cut much weight. If that is correct then they wouldn't be that far apart on size. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I’m that sick. Even if they just meet in the middle at 150 or something. It’s the modern day Frye vs Takayama. It’ll be a bit of a travesty if it never happens. 

It’s once in a blue moon you get an absolute lunatic like a Zombie or Gaethje come along in a division. When you get two of the bastards and they’re close enough in weight to make it happen, you need to make it happen. 

5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Blake Grice. Not one of the more well known refs but he’s worked some big fights and main events. I know he reffed the Holloway vs Poirier fight in April anyway. 

Yeah I had zero problems with that stoppage. If there’s been fuss over that then I don’t really get why. Watching it just now, it didn’t even enter my head that it was a late stoppage until I read the comments here and on Twitter and stuff.

Moicano got fucking cracked and dropped with the initial punch but was conscious and kept moving, then KZ took his back and he was trying to escape, ate some shots, then ate some more and that’s when the ref intervened. I’d say the ref stopped it at just the right time. If he’d jumped in sooner while Moicano was actively trying to improve position then I think that would’ve been premature and harsh. But he didn’t wait until Moicano got put out cold either like some refs would. As soon as it was clear Moicano wasn’t improving his position anymore or intelligently defending himself, Grice stopped it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the stoppage. 

It wasn't a massively late stoppage, but there was a good 5 seconds or so before the stoppage where Moicano wasn't defending at all.

It is good to see Zombie back with a win and hopefully he can get back to the octagon soon and actually have some momentum off this fight.