AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

It's getting hard anticipating the next show. I was impressed with their last show but it's time WWE had a competitor and I really hope AEW is it. Hope the masses appreciate the true art behind wrestling and show up to support to provide AEW some degree of longevity. If no one appreciates, they're gonna start taking shortcuts for rating/buys which will degrade the product.

Edited by Seratonin

So they need to hurry up and announce where Fyterfest will be shown outside the US. I believe it's iPPV as opposed to PPV, so on BR live in the US.

I'd love them to consider giving it away free on TNT / ITV to continue to wet appetites and build towards All Out.

8 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I'm not quite sure I believe Cody when he says he was only smashing the throne to say he is an in-ring competitor rather than an executive. It was a cheap dig at WWE whatever way you look at it. 

Dig at WWE? Definitely. The crowd at the MGM popped for it, but I don't get the critisism for it being considered negatively, it was a fun moment.

Edited by MPDTT

2 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Dig at WWE? Definitely. The crowd at the MGM popped for it, but I don't get the critisism for it being considered negatively, it was a fun moment.

I don’t know why it was about hunter and not Vince. I mean, hunter actually has the good wrestling product. 

• Paid Members
On 6/7/2019 at 11:30 PM, Yakashi said:

I don’t know why it was about hunter and not Vince. I mean, hunter actually has the good wrestling product. 

Because Triple H had a dig at AEW at the Hall of Fame. It's a dick-measuring contest.

And "Triple H has the good product" is going to be really tested over the years. CM Punk said he preferred Vince to Triple H, and I'm sure once Triple H is booking the main roster (if that ever happens), it won't be anything close to the magic cure-all some of the NXT fans seem convinced it would be.

I don't get all this TNA revisionism.  TNA produced a superior tv show to WWE for quite a few years, created a bunch of stars, who incidentally are now main event talent in WWE and delivered some cracking matches and PPVs.  It definitely had a ropey start, and moments of high shitness but it's not alone in that.  It also outlasted WCW and ECW and is more or less still going (albeit with new owners).

Perhaps if you want to set a low bar for AEW to leap over as a startup you should mention XWF, or Global Force, or Wrestlicious, or the original MLW, or WWA.  If AEW gets close to the longevity and star power of TNA it will have done extremely well.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

Ah yes, the very reasonable and level-headed CM Punk.

Yes, but CM Punk the indie darling who left out of frustration with WWE's booking and working environment, much like Moxley has, and like others reportedly want to. 

Vince and Triple H have had such a transparent good cop/bad cop dynamic going on, and it's managed to convince a significant part of the fanbase that everything will be fine once Triple H takes over. The same people who spent years criticising Triple H for playing politics and holding other people down now think he'll be a wholly selfless booker only doing what's best for the fans. 

And in terms of talent relations, we just don't know what Triple H is like yet. Vince may be able to swallow his pride and bring back any number of talent who fucked him over in the past, and put personal issues aside in the name of business, we have no way of knowing if Triple H is as willing or even capable of that. 

Has Moxley spoken out about Triple H either way?

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I don't get all this TNA revisionism.  TNA produced a superior tv show to WWE for quite a few years, created a bunch of stars, who incidentally are now main event talent in WWE and delivered some cracking matches and PPVs.  It definitely had a ropey start, and moments of high shitness but it's not alone in that.  It also outlasted WCW and ECW and is more or less still going (albeit with new owners).

PC25tKi.gif

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

And in terms of talent relations, we just don't know what Triple H is like yet. Vince may be able to swallow his pride and bring back any number of talent who fucked him over in the past, and put personal issues aside in the name of business, we have no way of knowing if Triple H is as willing or even capable of that. 

This is a very good point. Triple H has built a profile as this selfless exec, and has given the impression on various DVDs, docs etc that he has been the one offering the olive branch to the likes of Warrior, Sammartino, Sting etc. However, that's fine when it comes to people Vince has beef with, the real litmus test of his willingness to do business is whether he is happy to apply that model to his own beefs. For example, should Scott Steiner (or someone else whom he had a chequered past with) suddenly become someone who would be 'best for business' to bring in, does Triple H make it happen? Be very interesting to see how that works out. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Has Moxley spoken out about Triple H either way?

Yeah, on the Wade Keller podcast. He was hopeful that things would be better under Trips like fans are. He didn't suggest he was any less "hard" than Vince, he called him cerebral but he thought seemed to hint that he was less set in his ways than Vince and much more in touch with reality.