AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It shows.

I'm very sorry. 

14 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I was gonna watch Tremors 6 tonight but I might stick it on while working.

I 100% promise you'll hate this more than you'll hate Tremors 6.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LEGIT said:

I'm very sorry. 

I 100% promise you'll hate this more than you'll hate Tremors 6.

I love the Tremors series though so this isn't a fair bar to AEW!

40 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

I agree with this. There's probably good ways to take jabs at WWE but this one came across crude and petty for AEW. 

I don’t know why they should be taking any jabs at WWE. I’m pretty sure Triple H and Vince will have just been pissing themselves watching Cody do that. It’s Cody’s biggest night of his life, why the obsession with taking shots at WWE? They should just ignore them and do their own thing.

• Paid Members
Just now, LEGIT said:

I just assumed part 6 of any film franchise would be bad 

Well it might be but all of them, maybe apart from 3 which was a bit of a dip in quality, have been a good laugh.

• Paid Members
Just now, Mr Kennedy said:

I don’t know why they should be taking any jabs at WWE. I’m pretty sure Triple H and Vince will have just been pissing themselves watching Cody do that. It’s Cody’s biggest night of his life, why the obsession with taking shots at WWE? They should just ignore them and do their own thing.

Everyone knows that. They won't. Would love to think this was some sort of itch they had to scratch and they'll move on but no-one ever does. WWE when in the same position were pathetic too so it's nothing new.

• Paid Members

I fell asleep after the belt reveal, so missed the last two matches, but I thought it was a good show. Cody vs Dustin was fucking fantastic. They even had a Macho/Liz style moment at the end, which was wonderful. Positives are MJF is a star in the making. Hangman Page is a great babyface. The Joshi match was class. The crowd was hot. It had a big time feel to it. JR stepped up his game, but to how shite one of his co workers was. It was almost like 2001 JR, where he was so pissed off with Heyman, he stepped up.

Negatives are - Alex Marvez is definitely the worst commentator you'll ever hear, though. Fucking dreadful. The pre-show did nothing to make you want to order it. Hokey shit, bad comedy and wrestlers who dont look like wrestlers opening the free show is not what you want your first impression to be. The shots at WWE were quite pathetic, and the disconnect between super serious blood feud Cody Rhodes and Being the Elite corny cunt that we saw in the pre-show was daft. The production throughout the night was dreadful, but that can be ironed out over time.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

... but that can be ironed out over time.

Exactly, and if I look at all of the negatives from this show, it’s stuff that can be rectified.

Better commentary with JR and sort production out. The style of production isn’t the issue, it’s the fact that the team producing are obviously shite at it. Easy fix.

The wrestling style is what it is. It won’t suit everyone, much like WWE doesn’t.

I think it’s a solid show to build from.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Considering you were posting Live Discussion in the other thread when the show was going on, you know exactly how he got on.

He was there in attendance, so how would he know?

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He was there in attendance, so how would he know?

Who goes to a show in Vegas, one he claims will be the best of the year and then pops onto the UKFF during matches to post his opinion? 

If he was there then all of my “scoops” are legit.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Who goes to a show in Vegas, one he claims will be the best of the year and then pops onto the UKFF during matches to post his opinion? 

If he was there then all of my “scoops” are legit.

What planet are you from you absolute bore? How is someone excited about an event posting their live opinions on a form if social media a mind blowing idea to you? You and your backseat modding in this thread can do one.

I enjoyed it a lot , was some things that need tidied up, but as the second show they have put on, and lessons learned from last time executed here, I can see it only improving 

pre show had the wrong matches on it. I Wonder what plan for battle royale was before the Pac walkout. The SCU/ OWE six man would have been better on this to show it as being something different. Sammi vs Sabian came across as a wwe c show type match . It rightly took a ripping on twitter, and can’t have sold anything. 

main card, no real complaints. My only worry was that Dustin was bleeding so much the match might be stopped, no gloves on the refs when blood appeared, that seems to be the norm across wrestling so maybe a lesson learned for them for next time. Felt I got my 15 quid worth from the matches and how I felt when it finished. If you have me staying awake easily to 5am, something is being done right 

In an era where here the crowd get shat on, this crowd was up for the show all night. Fair play to them, added a lot to the show. Too sweet wood woop in main event can fuck off tho. 

Good variety, lots of colour, lots of emotion, and I was reacting more to show start to finish than I have in a long time. Someone needs to tell Cody to fuck off with the WWE bashing. Coke don’t talk about Pepsi, McDonald’s don’t talk about Burger King. Talking about the other side just shows they are bigger and better. 

46 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well it might be but all of them, maybe apart from 3 which was a bit of a dip in quality, have been a good laugh.

Ahem 

This show was alright. Nothing really stood out for me, and I thought apart from the Cody match, the crowd were a bit dead. 

Not familiar with half the roster, and I genuinely like Christopher Daniels and Kaz, but I just couldn’t help but think it was all a bit TNA-stenchy? There was nothing here that you couldn’t see on a ROH card in the last 18 months or so.

But the pop for Jon Moxley was genuinely exciting and I’ll probably watch a few of the TV shows and the next PPV.

Fair play to them all though 

17 minutes ago, Louch said:

Coke don’t talk about Pepsi, McDonald’s don’t talk about Burger King.

True but Pepsi talk about Coke, and Burger King talk about McDonalds. You see it in the US all the time, smaller brands take shots at the number one whether in commercials or on their social media. Not that this was a good way of going about it.