AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

• Paid Members
Just now, LEGIT said:

Come back WWE, all is forgiven. 

Sorry to have to break the news like this, but I just had a look on Twitter and according to reports being shared using #AEWDON, WWE is already dead.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Here, every single match had dives to the outside.

A criticism of WWE for the past god knows how many years. In fact, the whole everyone using the same moves thing is levelled at them all the time.

13 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Come back WWE, all is forgiven.

I know you're just being flippant but I can't think of a worse time to say something like this.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

A criticism of WWE for the past god knows how many years. In fact, the whole everyone using the same moves thing is levelled at them all the time.

I know you're just being flippant but I can't think of a worse time to say something like this.

I don't watch much WWE anymore but one thing I remembered is you didn't get the same moves in every match. And people's finishers especially were not stolen. Every single match had dives to the outside. Nearly every match had many super kicks. The amount of piledrivers and piledriver variants was off the chart. Producers and wrestlers should be sitting down and making sure moves aren't constantly repeated, for maximum impact. I take your word for it that WWE is bad but I doubt to that extent. 

I'm being a little flippant when I say come back WWE all is forgiven. But a bit truthful too. I know WWE won't be chokka with amateurish production and wrestlers who don't look like wrestlers, and I appreciate them for that more than ever. 

The problem with this show, wrestling fans in 2019 and wrestling in general, is that no one gives a shit who wins and loses. Most of those matches were just people doing moves and flips and the crowd cheering moves and flips. The Rhodes match was the best by far because it was the only one where it felt like either guy cared about winning. 

Enjoyed the show for what it was, but it’s hard to care and be invested in most of it to be honest. 

Oh and the Cody/throne spot was incredibly small time. 

Edited by Yakashi

• Paid Members

I watched the pre-show before going to bed. I thought the battle royale was awful. They missed too many tricks out there and it really did remind me of TNA. Most of the match served as a vehicle to showcase MJF, who didn't look anything special to me (reminded me of Alex Shelley in his early days). There were far too many skinny guys (and some REALLY skinny guys) out there. Luchasaurus looks cool. Why did they wheel out Glacier for? That just supports Ian's comment that they don't know what they want to be. The cigarette spots should've been a major focus otherwise what's the point. When Jimmy Havoc was biting somebody's fingers to eliminate them, it would've made sense to use the stapler, no?

Fair play to them for trying something different with the way the competitors were added to the rumble, but it just didn't work well and it didn't showcase anyone other than Hangman. Then again, maybe they didn't want to.

What was with that guy entering the rumble after everyone else and just standing there with his hands in his pockets? That was shit, and presumably one of the many inside jokes I didn't understand as I don't watch BTE. One joke I did quickly warm to however was Michael Nakazawa- I liked the baby oil spots. However they really missed a trick with his elimination- his oily hands should've been his downfall. Maybe he should've ballsed-up a 'skim the cat' spot because of the baby oil, oh well.

The singles match afterwards didn't pique my interest much. I probably won't watch the rest of the show as I'm not fussed about most of those on the card, although I might give the Rhodes brothers match a watch and maybe the Bucks/Lucha Bros match. Oh and Kong is a great coup if she's on board now- their gain would be WWE's loss (the limited schedule no doubt being the major factor, due to her acting career), especially after the success of GLOW. I'm not going to go out of my way to watch a proper AEW show, but then again I don't even watch WWE anymore. It'll take a lot to pull me back in to watch any kind of wrestling regularly. This did feel very TNA sadly.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

I don't watch much WWE anymore but one thing I remembered is you didn't get the same moves in every match. And people's finishers especially were not stolen. Every single match had dives to the outside. Nearly every match had super kicks.

This is 90% of WWE matches nowadays. It's the modern style. It sucks.

10 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Oh and the Cody/throne spot was incredibly small time. 

I agree with this. There's probably good ways to take jabs at WWE but this one came across crude and petty for AEW. 

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LEGIT said:

Mate watch it. I'm honestly looking forward to your review. I think I might, might actually agree with you on this one. 

I was gonna watch Tremors 6 tonight but I might stick it on while working.

1 hour ago, LEGIT said:

Here's something we all take for granted in WWE, you don't see the same moves in every match. 

If anything it happens a lot more in WWE than it used too, there was three super kicks in one match last week at MITB. As already mentioned, modern day wrestling.