Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

Headphones - help please

Hi, i want some headphones, over ear ones for round the house, but im a bit confused. I want wireless ones, but my pc does not have bluetooth (my dongle wont work on vista, some sort of error keeps happening) can i still use them wireless with it? same goes for my tv

I am after a pair with noise cancellation for £50 or under, thanks

any recommendations please? 

I've also got a pair of those and they're cracking, plus they can be used in bluetooth mode or you can stick the detachable cable in for those devices that don't have bluetooth.  There's also a giftboxed set that comes with a giftbox and a small battery pack.  You can track their price on camelcamelcamel and set a price alert to catch them on offer.

Edited by johnnyboy

so i can use them wirelessley with things that dont have bluetooth still? thats what had me confused 

No, you can't. How would they connect? If the device doesn't have bluetooth, you can get a little bluetooth transmitter that you plug in to the headphone jack on the PC/TV. You can then connect the headphones to that device to use them wirelessly.

Something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Ultra-thin-Mpow-Traceless/dp/B07G388C5Z/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2F5PONEQXDO0D&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter+for+tv&qid=1558167153&s=gateway&sprefix=bluetooth+transmitter%2Caps%2C193&sr=8-4

Any of these devices will work with any bluetooth headphones, and transmit from any device with a headphone jack.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

thanks all, is there anything cheaper than that @Chest Rockwell?

No idea, sorry. That was literally the first thing that came up when I typed in Bluetooth transmitter, you'll need to do your own research. But I would say don't cheap out too badly or you'll find it'll get all skippy and won't stream properly.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Just ordered those headphones, got them for £42 using a voucher code

I have a headphone question. I've got a pair of Audio Technica bluetooth headphone, which work great over bluetooth. They also came with a cable so you can plug them into a headphone jack if they run out of battery. But whenever I've tried that, the sound quality not only diminishes, half of it disappears - for example, I'll get music but no lyrics, or I'll get dialogue but no background sounds . Is the cable faulty? Are my devices too old to cope with the headphones properly? Or am I / they doing something else wrong?

Sounds like it's not making the proper connection, so could definitely be a faulty wire or jack. 

the headphones came yesterday, they are great, thanks all! having no wire is amazing 

Im really impressed by my anker sound core headphones, i want another pair, however i am after a pair of in ear wireless ones more suited to gym activity, any recommendations?

i did look at anker ones, but they seem a tad expensive