WWE to BT Sport?

Hannibal Scorch

Virgin Media customer get BT for free aboveĀ a certain tier.

me personally Iā€™d not need sky sports if this happened as Iā€™d have WWE, UFC, Champs League, Europa League and plenty of Scottish/English league on BT. And started using NFL game pass this year so didnā€™t even need Sky for that either.

would save me 28quid a month.Ā 

13 hours ago, PBWFan said:

Virgin Media customer get BT for free aboveĀ a certain tier.

me personally Iā€™d not need sky sports if this happened as Iā€™d have WWE, UFC, Champs League, Europa League and plenty of Scottish/English league on BT. And started using NFL game pass this year so didnā€™t even need Sky for that either.

would save me 28quid a month.Ā 

Isnā€™t spfl all back on sky from next season?Ā 

2 minutes ago, Louch said:

Isnā€™t spfl all back on sky from next season?Ā 

Year after. 2020.

Somehow I'm not that surprised at this development with BT Sport. At one point WWE were a great option for Sky to plug holes in channels when they had just three; now that they've moved into a 'channel per sport' option and (it seems) they're planning to keep up the NFL deal, I think Action and Arena can be easily filled with plenty of other stuff that probably rates very similarly to censored repeats of Raw and Smackdown.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

6 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Year after. 2020.

Somehow I'm not that surprised at this development with BT Sport. At one point WWE were a great option for Sky to plug holes in channels when they had just three; now that they've moved into a 'channel per sport' option and (it seems) they're planning to keep up the NFL deal, I think Action and Arena can be easily filled with plenty of other stuff that probably rates very similarly to censored repeats of Raw and Smackdown.

Thing with the NFL is, the GamePass is relatively cheap if thatā€™s all youā€™re into. NBA is extortionate because of the number of games/length of season. But my nfl on costs Ā£35 a quarter with no game blackouts.Ā 

Iā€™m surprised Sky arenā€™t trying to hold onto WWE. While the live showings donā€™t garner good viewers, the product as a whole surely is very well-watched. The bigger picture for Sky is they wonā€™t have Game of Thrones on atlantic anymore which was also probably a huge game changer for them with the exclusivity. Almost all of their in house produced stuff across the whole network is garbage (except League of their Own & soccer Am)

Ā 

On 5/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, Ricc1PW said:

There will also be people like me that despite being prime age for this sort of thing, I'm a bit hopeless with technology and what have you and I just want my TV on my TV. IE not streaming, not having several different subscriptions to get all I have now, not having to use a console to access, or 'cast' it to the TV. I'm still not even sure what that means nevermind able to do it.

BT is a TV channel not a streaming channel.Ā 

I can only guess that BT putĀ in a ridiculous bid for WWE that even Sky refused to pay like with the Champions League. BT Sport is pretty good in that you can get legal access to it at a relatively low price if youā€™re with BT Internet, Plusnet or EE. You can use their App on certain Smart TVs and get everything they show in HD or you can use it with Chromecast or Apple TV.Ā I think theyā€™re even working on making the App 4K. With Plusnet in particular, I think itā€™s currently an extra Ā£5 a month. Itā€™s actually a lot cheaper than Sky if you get it that way but Iā€™ll be honest, Skyā€™s Premier League football coverage is far better.

If BT decide to put full WWE shows on demand on their App then thatā€™ll be pretty decent for the fans. If however theyā€™ll expect you to pay extra for a set top box to record the shows then I wonā€™t be impressed.