John Wick

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Loki said:

Is it better than Part 2?  Although I enjoyed it, it dragged and felt like it was rehashing old ground.

It's the best of the three. The second one is a masterpiece though, so maybe my David / MMA action film bias is taking over or something.

• Paid Members

What a fuck-tonne of fun that was. My brother and I went to see it last night, possibly the first time we've been to the cinema together since Fury I think, and we didn't half pick the right movie to break that duck! We were like giddy children again. It was like that feeling of watching action films for the first time when you're a kid and everything is just so captivating as you finally realise what you were missing when the Rugrats and Hong Kong Phooey was on the tele instead. John Wick. What an excellent man. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah that was excellent but I now have to watch all of The Matrix movies, I now know why I was seeing so many people rewatching them on Twitter.

Is this because of Laurence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves? I just don't get this at all.

• Paid Members

"Guns. Lots of guns." Spoken almost in the exact tone as Neo.

Seeing that it's obvious they want a ch.4 greenlit, i can has Hugo Weaving cameo pls?

• Paid Members

Just saw it a few hours ago, just about gone back to normal. It is superb. 1 is still my favourite as the story is so short, simple and to the point, but I love the universe they have now created. The knives scene is just rediculous and that sound. God. The horse stable scene, the fights in the hotel. Everything was just great.

Another thing, it was pretty packed so it was a good audience, but there was a lot of laughing throughout, more then most recent comedies I have scene. Just complete balls to the wall from start to finish.

I do have one gripe though.

How the fuck does John Wick survive being shot off of the hotel, hitting a stairwell and then falling another 30ft or so to solid ground? Don't give me just because he is John Wick, because thats not good enough

• Paid Members

That's one of the most fun experiences I've had in a cinema. If you're an action film fan (or enjoy spending money doing fun things) definitely go see this.

I'm not sure where to rank it out of the three because it's a slightly different vibe to the other two, which was important otherwise they risked becoming a bit if a self parody. I'd definitely say it's funnier than the other two.

Anyway, some specific praise:

Indeed the scene with the bloody knifes is a high point in the trilogy. Everyone in the cinema was giddy watching the whole thing unfold. Flawless.

I thought the ending and set up was brilliant. They've created so many interesting stories to tell (and shoot up) in the next one. They did a tremendous job giving us enough of what we love about the other two without sinking it with some world building and backstory. Instead the additional fleshing of their world added so much intrigue.

The dog love is such a brilliant angle to this all.

I'm worried about the dog references.  I don't want to see another dog death, I'm a big old wimp when to comes to animals in film.