I didn't know I wanted...

tiger_rick

Reading about Steiner i'd have loved him to be in Yokozuna's position in 1993 sans the big with Hogan. That could have been without the belt with Yoko while Bret, Luger, Owen and Scott fought it out on. I imagine the house show circuit would have had much better main events. 

• Paid Members

WWF: The Musical. 

I'd go to a west end production of the WWF story, from planning wrestlemania 1 through to Vince feeling smug after wrestlemania 17.

It would be so awful it's got to be amazing. 

• Paid Members

I was randomly thinking today about what a shame it is that Power & Glory could never have wrestled the Young Stallions when I realized that Herc n Roma vs The Killer Bees would have been quite fun.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, ColinBollocks said:

Did he explain why Vince decided against it, in the end? I can't recall if he gave a reason for it.

Steiner is definitely one of those talents you wish got the WWF treatment. Of course, it worked out in WCW, but you fancy Steiner would have made an incredible opponent for Stone Cold when the late 90s came around. He'd have eaten that shot Dr Death took too.

I'm 99% sure Bruce said Vince just was in love with Yoko and didn't entertain any ideas since he saw him as 'unbeatable' in the Rumble.

• Paid Members

I’d never heard that Scott Steiner stuff but I’d have been all for it. On the WrestleMania 9 talk though, there was actually talk of Hulk Hogan vs Dustin Rhodes, which sounds so odd to me. I love Dustin but it seems a weird choice of match. Plus he was still being heavily featured in WCW in 1993, would he even have been realistic/available to come in at that time? 

Here’s Prichard talking about it; 

I’d have preferred the Steiner idea myself. And Dustin was class as Goldust a couple of years later anyway so that worked itself out. 

• Paid Members

Steiner getting Lex's push would have been interesting. Imagine the Lex Express special, but it's Scott in those red white and blue Zubas, and Rick's driving the bus and just being his lackey? They could have done a turn and a feud at some point.