Jeremy Kyle show suspended

IANdrewDiceClay

1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Might be like Springer, where they have real stories, but have Jamie Dundee act it out.

That's what I always thought. Like I said, the same characters have been on it a few times, haven't they? I assumed they were just playing a part as most of the themes are fucking ridiculous, and the fights look terrible.

I read that it's ITV's most watched daytime TV show though, with 1 million viewers regularly and an audience share of 22%. You can bet he'll be back once this all blows over, especially with those numbers.

Jeremy was a guest at the hotel I worked at years ago. He was on my table that night and was a right obnoxious cunt all night. Coleen nolan was also on the table and even told me to ignore him as he was being a tosser, he was out for a smoke at this point, silk cut his choice of fag the soft cunt.

Any the how as we got round to coffees I poured for the table and then went into the kitchen as the awards were on. We went to clear our tables after this and he asked for another cup of coffee. I said no problem and that I would be right back. I went in the back and fucked off home, taught him didn't I. Cunt. 

Jon Ronson interviewed one of the researchers for the show in his book The Psychopath Test. Pretty eye opening stuff.

“What did your job entail?” I asked her.

“We had a hotline,” Charlotte explained. “Families in crisis who want to be on TV called the hotline. My job was to call them back, repeatedly, over a matter of weeks, even if they’d changed their minds and decided not to do the show. There had to be a show. You had to keep going.”

Of course lots of jobs involve relentlessly calling people back. It is soul destroying—“Honestly, it was awful,” Charlotte said, “I mean, I’d been to university”—but not unusual.

At first all the tragedy she had to listen to over the phone would grind her down. But you need to be hard and focused to be a good researcher so she devised ways to detach herself from her potential interviewees’ misery.

“We started to laugh at these people,” she explained. “All day long. It was the only way we could cope. Then in the evening we would go to a bar and scream with laughter some more.”

“What kind of jokes did you make about them?” I asked her.

“If they had a speech impediment, that would be brilliant,” she said. “We put them on loudspeaker and gathered round and laughed and laughed.”

And, sure enough, Charlotte soon began to “feel removed from the person on the other end of the phone.”

And then Charlotte’s secret trick:

“I’d ask them what medication they were on,” said Charlotte. “They’d give me a list. Then I’d go to a medical website to see what they were for. And I’d assess if they were too mad to come onto the show or just mad enough.”

“Just mad enough?” I asked.

“Just mad enough,” said Charlotte.

“What constituted too mad?” I asked.

“Schizophrenia,” said Charlotte. “Schizophrenia was a no-no. So were psychotic episodes. If they’re on lithium for psychosis we probably wouldn’t have had them on. We wouldn’t want them to come on and then go off and kill themselves.” Charlotte paused. “Although if the story was awesome—and by awesome I mean a far-reaching mega family argument that’s going to make a really charged show—they would have to be pretty mad to be stopped.”

“So what constituted just mad enough?” I asked.

“Prozac,” said Charlotte. “Prozac’s the perfect drug. They’re upset. I say, ‘Why are you upset?’ ‘I’m upset because my husband’s cheating on me so I went to the doctor and he gave me Prozac.’ Perfect! I know she’s not THAT depressed, but she’s depressed enough to go to a doctor and so she’s probably angry and upset.”

“Did you get disappointed on the occasions you found they were on no drug at all?” I asked Charlotte. “If they were on no drug at all, did that mean they probably weren’t mad enough to be entertaining?”

“Exactly,” said Charlotte. “It was better if they were on something like Prozac. If they were on no drug at all, that probably meant they weren’t mad enough.”

You might think that Charlotte, over in England, with her ostensibly foolproof secret medication-listing trick, would be immune to inadvertently booking guests who were the wrong sort of mad. But you would be mistaken.

“We once had a show called ‘My Boyfriend Is Too Vain,’” she said. “I pushed the vain boyfriend for the details of his vanity. Push push push. He drinks bodybuilder shakes all the time. He does the whole Charles Atlas. We put him on. Everyone laughs at him. Couple of days later he calls me up and while he’s on the phone to me he slices open his wrists. He has severe body dysmorphic disorder, of course. I had to stay on the phone with him while we waited for the ambulance to arrive.” Charlotte shuddered. “It was awful,” she said.

Charlotte is a fucking bellend.

I've a mate who worked on the show as a production assistant i think. Always said Kyle was alright but my mate is super nice and I've never heard him bad mouth anyone. Im gonna ask about those researchers next time i bump in to him.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Was always going to happen enventually. Lie detectors have an accuracy of what, 70%? They were pushed as being 95% accurate when 3 out of 10 readings would be false and were taken as gospel and allowed to ruin lives. If they aren't admissible in a courtroom trial they shouldn't be admissible in trial by television.

Yeah, exactly. No way are they accurate otherwise the law would use them.

Kyle was always going to get busted one day. He went way too far too many times. Felt like he could get away with murder. Hope the show goes away never to come back.

• Paid Members

The sad part is, that’s the second “reality” show recently where contestants have killed themselves after (didn’t a second contestant kill themselves after Sophie Gradon?) yet no one’s really up in arms about ITV taking advantage of these people for viewing figures. ITV are just going to issue, “Our thoughts are with their family and friends and this time” and just go on like it’s business as usual, and this episode swiftly forgotten.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

The sad part is, that’s the second “reality” show recently where contestants have killed themselves after (didn’t a second contestant kill themselves after Sophie Gradon?) yet no one’s really up in arms about ITV taking advantage of these people for viewing figures. ITV are just going to issue, “Our thoughts are with their family and friends and this time” and just go on like it’s business as usual, and this episode swiftly forgotten.

Sophie Gradon appeared on the ITV show 3 years prior. What are ITV meant to do? 

Didn't they also make aftercare a cumpulsory condition of being on that Love Island too? I don't think you can make a case for it being the same as Jeremy Kyle having a laugh at people with learning difficulties and mental health problems.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

I sincerely doubt Kyle will be on telly again. At least doing that show. When OFCOM are bringing producers in for a chat about a show never shown (which is nearly out of OFCOM remit), it's stumps.