Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy

Eurovision 2019: Tel Aviv

I laughed my arse off when I saw Britain were going to finish last. A mate said he didn't like the one that one, and it's not my cup of tea either, but as I said to him we're not the people that vote in Eurovision so it doesn't really matter what we think. The current formula seems to be that you have an entry from a TV talent show winner performing a Europe-wide radio hit Send whoever wins the next series of The Voice to Xenomania's studios and we should be alright.

Poor Sweden. Zoomed in split screen of the poor guys face as it slipped away. Brutal.

I love Eurovision but i think the half time show went nearly an hour, that's obscene! The winner was fine and I'm happy Russia didn't win. Shower cubicle shite.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I wish (s)he would just stop

tim and eric GIF

Edited by PowerButchi

8 hours ago, Rob Lowe said:

Poor Sweden. Zoomed in split screen of the poor guys face as it slipped away. Brutal.

He gave it too much welly after the jury scores.  Someone needed to tell him the was a long way to go.

Also, they've finally perfected the public vote announcement.  Previously they'd announced the public votes in ascending order of votes which meant you could work out the winner via quick maths if the public vote knackered someone near the top.  Now, by announcing public votes according to the standings after the jury vote they're keeping the tension right to the end when any of the top five were in with a realistic chance prior to the announcement of the public vote.

8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The current formula seems to be that you have an entry from a TV talent show winner performing a Europe-wide radio hit Send whoever wins the next series of The Voice to Xenomania's studios and we should be alright.

They have to carry both the jury and the public now too, unlike the aggregate voting days.  Netherlands didn't win either, but they were top 3 with both.  It's interesting to me that 3 of the last 4 winners have been solo performers with simple staging since the voting change.  Maybe it was always the juries that had the boners for novelty acts.

Bullshit that the mighty dentist from San Marino didn't do better. He was fantastic.

Thought the winner was boring shite, but I usually do. Israel last year was the only winner in a while I've supported.

Madonna was hilariously bad. Getting paid a packet and performing like Jake Roberts in the 2003 UK tour was infinitely better than it she'd done a normal rendition of Like a Prayer.

Our entry was shit and I would say we deserved to finish last, but then I remember the appalling Slovenia entry and feel like we've been robbed by ending up behind them. I don't think I've ever witnessed two people with less chemistry.

Edited by Gus Mears

15 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Bullshit that the mighty dentist from San Marino didn't do better. He was fantastic.

If you voted for him on the app you got a bonus "Na Na Na."

I hope Mark Strong plays him in the film biopic. 

We’ve had Bohemian Rhapsody, The Dirt, Rocketman, now give us Serhat: Na na na na

Edited by WyattSheepMask