Jump to content

Eurovision 2019: Tel Aviv


johnnyboy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

Semi Final 1 - Tuesday May 14th - UK viewers cannot vote in this one.

8pm on BBC Four

Get your semi final scorecards from the Beeb here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/190g9GLLwpQCyf8vrRR8YfC/eurovision-2019-party-pack

Featuring~!

  • Darude for Finland
  • Surie gimmick infringement
  • Iceland providing the soundtrack to a brutal murder
  • Vega from Street FIghter 2 moonlighting for Portugal
  • Cyprus coming with another banger
  • San Marino with an ultra cheese number from a Wagner soundalike (it's Vagner Louis.  That's what I said, Wagner)
  • and Aussie spring pole weirdness (if you only watch one video watch this one).

Youtube Playlist from the official Eurovision channel here:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

I've got people coming round, several crates of shit beer and we're going to order a metric tonne of Chinese food from down the road. Looking forward to it. 

My other half emigrated to the UK  last year from Canada and has never watched Eurovision before. Genuinely unsure whether she's going to love it or think it's the worst thing ever put on television. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

My other half emigrated to the UK  last year from Canada and has never watched Eurovision before. Genuinely unsure whether she's going to love it or think it's the worst thing ever put on television. 

I can see them about half way through turning to you and saying "is this supposed to be... good?"

I go round a mate's every year. We attack the first quarter with gusto, scoring them and all sorts. Then we all get bored after the fifteenth moody ballad delivered in Americanglish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I can see them about half way through turning to you and saying "is this supposed to be... good?"

She enjoyed the trailer, but there is a big difference between that and the whole shebang. It also runs like Wrestlemania nowadays and I'm not sure she's ready for 4 hours of Europop and Graham Norton. Who among us ever is though? 

Edited by Gus Mears
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

She enjoyed the trailer, but there is a big difference between that and the whole shebang. It also runs like Wrestlemania nowadays and I'm not sure she's ready for 4 hours of Europop and Graham Norton. Who among us ever is though? 

Four hours?  You need to get in the 2x 2 hour 6 minute semis too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

I'm giving it a listen on Spotify, and it just sounds like generic contemporary pop. It never sinks in how much the performance is a part of it as well. I'll definitely be trying to give it a watch on Saturday night, but having to be up at 4 am for work this week has put something of a kibosh on the semis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...