Lio Rush WWE 2020?

5pints

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, textonly said:

America's always been pretty weak on workers' rights

Weak is the understatement. Look into Scientology and the Sea .Org. That is slave labor in the open. 

Maybe this is the business model Trumps thinking off when he talks about North Korea's economic growth. They are part way there already. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I know you’re using that word in the context of making a jokey point, but it’s still fucking rank whether printed or said, so please don’t use it. 

If you wouldn’t say it, don’t write it.

It's fairly important to the parallel he makes. How would you propose he rewrite that out of interest? 

16 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

No, I'm asking you to elaborate on your point.

I’m sorry, you want me to explain why someone SHOULDN’T use a racial slur in writing or in speech? Fucking LOL. 

How about the very fact of not using it at all? This is very fucking simple. I’m pretty sure that the same point could be made without that word being used.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I’m sorry, you want me to explain why someone SHOULDN’T use a racial slur in writing or in speech? Fucking LOL. 

How about the very fact of not using it at all? This is very fucking simple. I’m pretty sure that the same point could be made without that word being used.

No, I'm asking how you would not use the phrase and keep the core point Keith made. I'm asking you to re-write his sentence without that word without devaluing his core point. 

You are "pretty sure that the same point could be made without that word being used", so I've asked you to do it. And you haven't. 

Edited by Tommy!

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

No, I'm asking how you would not use the phrase and keep the core point Keith made. I'm asking you to re-write his sentence without that word without devaluing his core point. 

You are "pretty sure that the same point could be made without that word being used", so I've asked you to do it. And you haven't. 

Older wrestlers are like the older guys at your work who blame PC snowflakes because they got bollocked for calling someone a racial slur while at work.

6 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I would use the word "paki" in a conversation about why you shouldn't use the word "paki". I don't think ignoring history is helpful to education,  frankly.

How is it ignoring history? Everyone knows what word you mean when you say the “p word”, exactly the same as everyone knows what you mean when you say the “n word”. 

Are you saying that you would say the “n word” to people in a conversation to why they shouldn’t use that word? 

@Devon Malcolm I’m not going to ignore that, as that is frankly a very good point and an incredibly complex situation, and always has been and I don’t think the club address it in the right way to be honest.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

How is it ignoring history? Everyone knows what word you mean when you say the “p word”, exactly the same as everyone knows what you mean when you say the “n word”. 

Honestly Rashers, if someone were to ask me point blank, "What's the p-word?" I'd have no fucking idea until I got a hint like, "It's a slur against people from Pakistan". Context is key, just like Keith's post.

1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

Honestly Rashers, if someone were to ask me point blank, "What's the p-word?" I'd have no fucking idea until I got a hint like, "It's a slur against people from Pakistan". Context is key, just like Keith's post.

Even if you were talking about racism? I completely get that he said it in context, I don’t think he has a malicious bone in his body, but it’s just one of those words I fucking detest seeing.

I have two sisters, who have an Indian dad, so growing up, they and we as a family were regularly targeted with that word, so for me it’s incredibly personal, which is why I probably have the reaction I do to it. 

Probably for another thread to be honest. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Even if you were talking about racism? I completely get that he said it in context, I don’t think he has a malicious bone in his body, but it’s just one of those words I fucking detest seeing.

I have two sisters, who have an Indian dad, so growing up, they and we as a family were regularly targeted with that word, so for me it’s incredibly personal, which is why I probably have the reaction I do to it. 

Probably for another thread to be honest. 

Well that's a bit of context. If you were to ask, "What a racial slur beginning with P" then I'd cotton on to exactly what word you were talking about. You need that context for the question because not all offensive words are racial, like the 'R word' (which actually caused a similar bit of controversy on here when one of the SCG guys used it).

You're totally justified in your reaction though. I believe this forum does a good job at policing itself and stuff like that helps.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Are you saying that you would say the “n word” to people in a conversation to why they shouldn’t use that word?

Yes, if the conversation demanded it. I don't go out of my way to shoehorn it in but I've no problem discussing why it's a dreadful word to call someone. It is slightly different in that I've never used that word except when I was really young and I used to repeat a joke I'd heard. Whereas "paki" was pretty common when I grew up particularly referring to the "paki shop". I've never used it as a derogatory term but I'm embarrassed by my casual use of that and of "chinky". I don't think using either word in condemnation is wrong. I used to work with a Pakistani lad years ago and we had conversations about it. Comedians of different ethnicity refer to words they've been called all the time to make a point. We could all pretend it never existed but I don't think that does any good either.