Holidays Thread : Where you off to?

RancidPunx

Got a private cabin and fishing lake booked over Herefordshire way in July for a week. Got it for a good price considering. 

Then off to Lanzarote in September for our first all inclusive in a 5 star hotel. 

Our first proper holidays in a while, and much deserved if I may say so myself. 

What you got against Lanzarote, @Scott Malbranque? We went a few years ago and really enjoyed it. 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm going to try and get to Cornwall to dick around with my mate for a couple of days. Being a little light of cash as I can be I'm going to have to spend the best part of a day travelling each day by National Express. We'll probably try and make it up to the Scottish Borders to see some friends as well. 

I know it depends on where and when you're going, but I just booked our usual summer trip down to Devon and Cornwall and got a fantastic deal on the train tickets through Trainline. The special offers are on there 12 weeks before the date of travel. Worth having a look at, as I got a three and a half hour journey for three people for just shy of £16.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Which pubs do you have on the list? I’ll let you know if any of them are worth swerving

Bear inn

Chequers

Crown

Eagle & child 

Four candles 

Grapes

King's arms

Lamb & flag

Royal blenheim

St aldates tavern 

Three goats heads

Turf tavern 

Turf St kitchen 

White rabbit 

Wig & pen

Thirsty meeples

Old bookbinders 

• Paid Members

Me, the Wife and the kids are off on an all inclusive to Montenegro. 

Apparently it's taking off  as a destination similar to how Croatia and Bulgaria have previously! 

Can't wait. 

Brixham for the fourth year running. With day trips out to Exeter, Looe and Dartmouth on the train and boat for the little guy. 

Should be better this year. No racist mother in law coming so every day out doesn't have to be stopped every hour for a cuppa. 

And many many trips to Rockfish (too poncey for the chippy thread) for Crispy Hake Bites with a Singapore Sauce, Spider Crab Cakes with lemon mayo and Fried Salt and Pepper Tiger Prawns with whatever local cider or ale they might have. Hoping to fit a fishing trip in this year as well while the family go to Torquay for the arcades. 

Can't wait this year. 

• Paid Members
On 5/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, Steve Justice said:

What you got against Lanzarote, @Scott Malbranque? We went a few years ago and really enjoyed it. 

Hate it. The missus and kids love it but I despise it. I've been to various parts of Lanzo 7 times over the last 9 years and it's been too much, for too long but just have to go because, family. Plus, the missus is a travel agent so we get this particular hotel for next to nothing the last few years. I really shouldn't be complaining, I know that. 

It's the Jameos hotel in Matagorda which is nice and all, and the all inclusive is lovely (you get smirnoff instead of Prkktrku wodka, and the food is stunning) and it has a decent enough gym but you walk outside the hotel and it's a slew of cunts with Bulldog or Fighting Irish Lephrauchaun tattoos, in ill fitting, locally sourced poxy t-shirts that say something like 'Too Lit to Quit', all shouting "NATHAN!! COME HERE" while drinking a 3 litre bottle of cider at 9am. 

Puerto Del Carmen is worse but Matagorda is not far off. 

Edited by Scott Malbranque
No habla Englais, evidently

28 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Hate it. The missus and kids love it but I despise it. I've been to various parts of Lanzo 7 times over the last 9 years and it's been too much, for too long but just have to go because, family. Plus, the missus is a travel agent so we get this particular hotel for next to nothing the last few years. I really shouldn't be complaining, I know that. 

Its the Jameos hotel in Matagorda which is nice and all, and the all inclusive is lovely (you get smirnoff instead of Prkktrku wodka, and the food is stunning) and it has a decent enough gym but you walk outside the hotel and it's a slew of cunts with Bulldog or Fighting Irish Lephrauchaun tattoos, in ill fitting, locally sourced poxy t-shirt that says something like 'Too Lit to Quit' all shouting "NATHAN!! COME HERE" while drinking a 3 liter bottle of cider at 9am. 

Puerto Del Carmen is worse but Matagorda is not far off. 

Were staying in Playa Blanca, which isn't as commercial as other resorts from what I understand. Its very picturesque by the Rubicon Marina, which is where we're staying. 

I had heard Puerto del Carmen was nice. I guess not. 

• Paid Members

We stayed in the H10 Playa Blanca in 2015, which I actually enjoyed, in fairness, as there was lots to do as a family and the marina walk is lovely at  night. 

That particular holiday was marred by my missus - then 34 - getting her hair braided by two African women along the marina walkway and winding up looking like an IBS support group took a shite on Roxy Mitchell's head. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

my missus ~ winding up looking like an IBS support group took a shite on Roxy Mitchell's head. 

I'd have thought that would have been right up your street. 

On 5/5/2019 at 6:48 PM, stevieg1980 said:

Brixham for the fourth year running. With day trips out to Exeter, Looe and Dartmouth on the train and boat for the little guy.

Have you been to Looe before? We've got a spare day to fill while we're down there and Looe is one of the possibilities we're looking at.

Jumping in here, went to that area in 2016 and were rewarded with glorious weather. 

We actually stayed in polperro - cute as a button fishing village, which I preferred to Looe (that was bigger and had a boots, weatherspoons and other chains etc) - but it’s a wonderful part of the country. 

My hols are visit back to Manchester to see the mother (with possibly a trip to the seaside), all inclusive drinking hol to Dominican Republic and a wedding in Tenerife. Maybe a wrasslin’trip to Toronto if I can scam free tix...

I have a single night in London to watch The Lion King booked (a wedding present which we hadn't redeemed but was about to expire).

We will book somewhere for our anniversary in August. I was going to book Amsterdam last but bought a new car instead. I'm now thinking I may wait till really close to the date and see if I can get a decent last minute deal, I'm quite happy to go anywhere where Zika virus isn't a risk.

2 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

Have you been to Looe before? We've got a spare day to fill while we're down there and Looe is one of the possibilities we're looking at.

Yes. Have been there once before. Looe has probably the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Plus it was a decent little town to have a day in.